Lt. Commander
# 1 Im trying...
01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
...to enjoy the game. Seriously, I am dying for this game to be fun and polished and worth the lifetime subscription i purchased. Sadly though it really isnt. The Klingon faction is insanely boring. People talk about their class or faction being "second class" citizens in every game I have played. Never has this been more true than with STO however. Even simple things like fixing a kit vendor or giving us nebula missions that work seems to be too much effort. At their hearts all MMOG's are social games, but this one seriously is lacking in ANY social functionality. What are we supposed to work on as a group? Whats the point? Consider that this is the same company that gave use HvV's, (immense customization, base wars, huge pvp sectors). Now we have STO...the entire game consists of a RIDICULOUSLY linear string of missions, very lmited look on uniforms, a skill tree that is 40 percent worthless garbage that no one wants and very cookie cutter random missions that have no impact whatsoever on anything.

I have no doubt that the devs are working extremely hard trying to develop content and smash the bugs. While I still hold out hope that their efforts wont be in vain, I cant help but advise all my gaming friends to wait on this purchase. It currently lacks originality, functionality, fun content and ...well....longevity. If your out there listening devs...PLEASE ADDRESS THE CONCERNS OF YOUR PLAYER BASE. Jackalope had the right idea. When he actually began corresponding with your fans the amount of "poor me" and "die cryptic" threads dropped significantly because we knew someone was working on our concerns. How did we know? He told us! I strongly recommend the post that slingblade wrote earlier in the week outlying the concerns many of us have.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leidius
...to enjoy the game. Seriously, I am dying for this game to be fun and polished and worth the lifetime subscription i purchased. Sadly though it really isnt. The Klingon faction is insanely boring. People talk about their class or faction being "second class" citizens in every game I have played. Never has this been more true than with STO however. Even simple things like fixing a kit vendor or giving us nebula missions that work seems to be too much effort. At their hearts all MMOG's are social games, but this one seriously is lacking in ANY social functionality. What are we supposed to work on as a group? Whats the point? Consider that this is the same company that gave use HvV's, (immense customization, base wars, huge pvp sectors). Now we have STO...the entire game consists of a RIDICULOUSLY linear string of missions, very lmited look on uniforms, a skill tree that is 40 percent worthless garbage that no one wants and very cookie cutter random missions that have no impact whatsoever on anything.

I have no doubt that the devs are working extremely hard trying to develop content and smash the bugs. While I still hold out hope that their efforts wont be in vain, I cant help but advise all my gaming friends to wait on this purchase. It currently lacks originality, functionality, fun content and ...well....longevity. If your out there listening devs...PLEASE ADDRESS THE CONCERNS OF YOUR PLAYER BASE. Jackalope had the right idea. When he actually began corresponding with your fans the amount of "poor me" and "die cryptic" threads dropped significantly because we knew someone was working on our concerns. How did we know? He told us! I strongly recommend the post that slingblade wrote earlier in the week outlying the concerns many of us have.

and prove to us when it officially goes live on tuesday that they can keep the server up longer then 24 hours...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:

So far I have enjoyed the game but I do agree with some of your points. The klingons need lots of development still and should be playable from the start but you really can't complain they wanted this game out asap so they made the klingon's a PVP type which does make since as long as every new race they add from here on out is developed and not actually just pawned off as a PVP race.

The game could use more work but it's still great maybe not for hard core gamers but for people like me who play and really aren't concerned to hit Admiral anytime to soon, I enjoy the storyline and many of the quests but I do hope they add more content and develop the klingon's. Give it a few months after the launch and things will look better. If you can't stand the disconnects which are associated with the game going live then wait a few months for the server to be more stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
and prove to us when it officially goes live on tuesday that they can keep the server up longer then 24 hours...
As for all new MMO Launches for the first month or two expect it. No MMO has been released that was perfect and didn't have it's disconnects and issues. I'd rather this happen now during the head start then the actual release which I am not saying it won't but it happening now will give them time to fix some of the issues so later on we won't have as much downtime.