Career Officer
# 81
07-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticgeko View Post
One fundamental reason for increasing the time on making Very Rare Components is to increase their perceived value. They are the most valuable commodity within the system and you should feel the investment when you create them. Simply put, they “feel” complex and valuable when you wait for it to bake, and when they are done, it feels good. Having them complete instantly is convenient, but we feel the added effort adds to the sense of satisfaction.

We were also looking for ways to have more medium sized projects that made meaningful items. There are medium sized projects (mid Mark items), but they will have less value (other than Crafting XP and possibly EC on the exchange) to end game players.

Also, the system allows you to get 3 Components if you crit, which drastically changes the average-cost-math of making, say, a Mark 12 item. So doing lots of math, we mitigated this cost by reducing the chance of getting a critical, but it wasn’t quite enough. We didn’t want to increase the dilithium cost, so we felt time was a fair compromise that also seemed to address the other issues.
Okay. I don't mind the changes to the very rare component construction, but might it be possible to add something to the interface that allows us to batch common, uncommon, and rare components? A lot of the upper tier stuff requires - or at least it did the last time I checked, haven't had a chance to look at the system after the latest set of patches - multiples of each common and uncommon component and looked to be requiring multiple rare components as well. Being able to make those components in batches instead of having to sit there for several minutes clicking through the projects over and over would make some players very happy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 82
07-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Have to figure they're working off folks having multiple toons and doing the 25:1 to move Dil between toons, eh? DOFFing 2-3 times a day on my 9 guys usually gets me ~20-50k Dil a day combined. I don't really pay much attention to it, it's just the same routine each time:

1) Collect rewards from completed assignments.
2) Check if the toon's got 5+ Contraband, if so...
2a) Head to Qo'noS to check in with the Security NPC.
2b) Check if the toon's got 10+ Prisoners, if so - turn those in as well.
3) Do the free transwarp to Surface Tension to drop me in Tau Dewa.
4) Check Personal for Confiscate Contraband.
5) Check Current Map for Marauding assignments.
6) Check Department Heads - First Officer for Marauding assignments.
7) Enter the Dyson Sphere.
8) Do Current Map, Personal, and there's still slots available - just work my way through the Department Heads.
9) Move to the next toon.

There are folks that would probably optimize it, better DOFFs, better locations, and if they were running 9 toons would hit 72k a day from just DOFFing. But I DOFF like I fly and play in general...wheeee whatever...heh, though it is how I've probably got over 30k samples that I'll need to convert. Just through lazy DOFFing...

So you end up with different toons working different schools (since the gear is BOE) and the Dil coming collectively from the group of toons...

...have to wonder if that's something they've looked at in looking at everything.
I must be missing something. First "Check if the toon's got 10+ Prisoners, if so - turn those in as well." how do you get dill from that and can feds do it? The other thing is how are you moving all that dill to your high level crafter? Even if its per toon that's not enough from doffs to do 1 item per day per toon.

I agree samples/mats or what ever we call them these days are meaningless. We get so many even with crafting I don't know what to do with them. The real problem is the limited of dill per toon so you are limited to 1 item to craft per day per toon. That and with the horrible new Doff UI are you really going to be doffing that fast? the doff UI has gone from being simple and nice to use to a nightmare.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 07-16-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 83
07-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
I must be missing something. First "Check if the toon's got 10+ Prisoners, if so - turn those in as well." how do you get dill from that and can feds do it? The other thing is how are you moving all that dill to your high level crafter? Even if its per toon that's not enough from doffs to do 1 item per day per toon.

I agree samples/mats or what ever we call them these days are meaningless. We get so many even with crafting I don't know what to do with them. The real problem is the limited of dill per toon so you are limited to 1 item to craft per day per toon. That and with the horrible new Doff UI are you really going to be doffing that fast? the doff UI has gone from being simple and nice to use to a nightmare.
Feds can do it, for half the dil or something. Its at the security officer. And to move dil between characters, post dil for 25 dil per zen, cancel offer, dont withdraw to character, switch character, withdraw from there
Admin of VPvP Channel Fair, Fun, Vanilla PvP

Career Officer
# 84
07-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post

Feds cannot do this method - the Prisoner Turn-in for Feds only takes two prisoners and gives the regular 5/125 payout.

Also, I think I'm going to take the period after 9.5 to level up my crafting and collect rare/very rare materials/components, so that when we *can* add mods to weapons and equipment I can actually do it.

Though I'm probably going to splurge the 18K dilithium on my crafting toon to get a few spare R&D slots open on day 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Would you rather that we had you press buttons on some console for 40 levels, serving as an ensign/lt on someone else's ship?

This is a game, people who play a Star Trek game want to be the Captain. While the justification for it in game may be weak, who cares? You get to fly your own ship.