Lt. Commander
# 101
01-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinago View Post
If any beta players feel the same way i do please post, i feel a little angry because us beta testers were on here finding there problems, and when we no longer needed they cut us out of the game,i ain't asking for every single add-on or even for much just that we can still play, just the basics , like we did in beta, and sure allow the head-starters have there time without us for now, but i played this game i got to LC rank and 3 star ships and i can't even play and rank up, if we didn't play the game they would of taken a lot more time and money trying to find out the problems we found, so what do we get out if it. i understand they need people to buy it to gain profit but most beta testers get to keep the account active and play as nothing happened, all i am asking for is the same. don't give us anything more or less than what we had, plus more players means when patches etc happen more likely there are going to be bugs, more people easier to detect these bugs when they come up and the quicker your teams can respond. so really if u think about it we basically find errors, glitches and exploits for the chance just to play normally like before, i mean people who buy the game get so much more then us, and we found your glitches just to be told pay or don't play again i feel that this is rude and insulting.
I just cannot take such poor English seriously from an obviously native user of the language.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Beta testing is it's own reward.

We get out of it the advantage of information and preparation.
We get to see the game in advance of release and decide if it's the kind of thing we'd want to support when live.
We get to help create a better game for ourselves and give input on what would make the game better (something that you can still do when live of course, but in the beta you're one voice amongst the thousands is easier to hear.)

In short, you either beta to get a preview of whats coming or you beta because you want to make a better game for yourself and others.

That being said, I'd love to see either a kind of title or by preference a costume badge available for testers so we can recognise each other in the field and share in that nostalgic comraderie.
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-30-2010, 08:11 AM
You really have not idea how this works, do you? It was not a secret.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinago View Post
If any beta players feel the same way i do please post, i feel a little angry because us beta testers were on here finding there problems, and when we no longer needed they cut us out of the game,i ain't asking for every single add-on or even for much just that we can still play, just the basics , like we did in beta, and sure allow the head-starters have there time without us for now, but i played this game i got to LC rank and 3 star ships and i can't even play and rank up, if we didn't play the game they would of taken a lot more time and money trying to find out the problems we found, so what do we get out if it. i understand they need people to buy it to gain profit but most beta testers get to keep the account active and play as nothing happened, all i am asking for is the same. don't give us anything more or less than what we had, plus more players means when patches etc happen more likely there are going to be bugs, more people easier to detect these bugs when they come up and the quicker your teams can respond. so really if u think about it we basically find errors, glitches and exploits for the chance just to play normally like before, i mean people who buy the game get so much more then us, and we found your glitches just to be told pay or don't play again i feel that this is rude and insulting.
I guess I have to wonder what you think a BETA is. The purpose is to find glitches and errors and make the game better before it's released. From what I can see today, we all certainly did that.

Here are your options:
1) get to play the game before its out and deal with some bugs and hopefully help the game be good/better by release (BETA), OR
2) don't.

Lt. Commander
# 105
01-30-2010, 09:53 AM
NKnkowkonewe
wbfgnbtyj[;,w[;f,we[,we,fwe,f
rhrt545454gfv f vv vbssrtr3
ghfhfhfghsxgbv dfwert45654 654654[;'[;l54656
534534hhg4ftartr436546 jtynt kulo;p'/o;;o/
5345;t],;b;, brt.g tr rt4lnkohfdsaf
fwerter
ter
tyeyert er

i just let my cat hump the keyboard, and it made more sense than the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunmurphy View Post
............................................______ __
....................................,.-...................``~.,
.............................,.-...................................-.,
.........................,/...............................................:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__