Lt. Commander
# 1 batteries? really?
01-30-2010, 08:13 PM
im just posting cause im getting really tired of batteries there really worse then tribbles. anyway i hope this is temporary as it's just makeing the game un fun. i dont take on 10 mobs per instance just for batteries. it just makes me feel that im getting nowhere fast.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:16 PM
First of all, You will be using a lot of batteries if you were pvping. They are useful.
Second, do you expect drops every single time worth thousands of energy? How greedy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
First of all, You will be using a lot of batteries if you were pvping. They are useful.
Second, do you expect drops every single time worth thousands of energy? How greedy.
Uhh first of all i dont pvp. and second of all in not asking for every single drop to be worth thousands but honestly i did several instances today and mostly all i got were batteries i got maybe 3 items out of 15 to 20 drops of batteries. i dont think that counts as worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I know I could probably look this up, but what's the benefit of batteries? I understand there's shield, engine, and weapon variants, I've used them and watched the appropriate gages bump up, but I don't really notice much of a benefit?

They really do seem kind of like the booby prize when you're new and just PVE.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
You are right. Every battery I throw in the replicator and get credits out of it which the credits I will eventually use to get something so I guess they are useful after all
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronintetsuro View Post
I know I could probably look this up, but what's the benefit of batteries? I understand there's shield, engine, and weapon variants, I've used them and watched the appropriate gages bump up, but I don't really notice much of a benefit?

They really do seem kind of like the booby prize when you're new and just PVE.
not to mention the 5 min cool down. so its pretty worthless outside of pvp as by the time they recharge your eating space dust or its already over.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Useful to me against +4s and higher :p

They add up... just sell em and be done with it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Well i do not see a problem with battery drops but when you are fighting Battleships or Cruisers and all they drop are batteries then the fun goes away fast. They really need to work on the drops a bit better. I do not think we need a major thing just tweak it a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 09:34 PM
I use batteries when I feel like killing enemies alot faster lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
The cooldown on batteries does seem a little excessive. I keep some around just in case but really don't use them mich. I am tired of seeing batteries drop all the time. I can't even find decent parts for my ship and I am ready to move on to my next one now. The best thing about batteries is they stack but could we get stacks of 50 or something if they are going to drop like this. LOL