Lt. Commander
# 1 Irc ??
01-18-2010, 11:34 PM
I cannot join IRC anymore it says i'm banned.. i don't know why and i wanna visit IRC so i can monitor is there are any updates IF the server was down.. is there a way to get me unbanned if not the no biggie, just wanted to know. The game is fun but i see way too many bugs especially glitching backgrounds when you load. I'm frighten to buy this if the game will behave like this on launch date and week after.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Walters78
I cannot join IRC anymore it says i'm banned.. i don't know why and i wanna visit IRC so i can monitor is there are any updates IF the server was down.. is there a way to get me unbanned if not the no biggie, just wanted to know. The game is fun but i see way too many bugs especially glitching backgrounds when you load. I'm frighten to buy this if the game will behave like this on launch date and week after.
Best thing to do is PM one of the mods while we're online; it's likely you either got caught in a broad ban due to an IP-hopping persistent troll, or a troll got banned and later switched IPs and you got his former IP in your ISP's dynamic IP pool.

You can find out if a mod is online by doing "/whois NAME" for each one. Mods are:

deerang
syberghost (hey that's me! )
Kade
Suricata
tamgros
RED-SHIRT
Deyvid
Time-Lord
Dariuas
AdTheRat

I'm probably leaving somebody out, but it's late and our IRC thread got archived and we haven't put up a new one yet.

Once you find one who's online, try "/msg NAME hey, I think I'm caught in somebody else's ban, can you help me" to get their attention, and then wait a bit for a response because we're busy folks, and some stay logged on all the time even if they're not at their computer.