Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm Whining.......
01-30-2010, 09:10 PM
about everything. This game is the worst thing I have ever played. It makes my butt hurt, gives me carpel tunnel and causes me to euphorically hum the Trek theme. My fingers are numb from mousing constantly and clicking on everything I can. I am hoping that Cryptic puts a bonus tube of Preperation H in the box cause I'm going to need it for my roids! Darn you Cryptic: Why'd you have to go and make me pay for that lifetime sub? Broke my arm twisting it so hard!! I could have used that money towards my monkey farm in Guatemala. AND on top of that, I'm going to go blind frm staring at the screen all day from now on. This game is going to Kill Me!!!!!:p

Seriously, C'mon folks, this game is always going to be a work in progress; just like ALL MMO's. It never fails to amaze me how anyone could expect anything more. New code ALWAYS breaks something, No matter what gets fixed in the patch, that specific patch will break something else. It's the rule to the Exception. When you have an open ended game which evolves it happens. Give Cryptic their Due, Atari pushed them to get this out as fast as possible, and they have done an admirable job to have taken the mess perpetual left and made it this far with it. Give 'em time. It'll all work out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakensal View Post
about everything. This game is the worst thing I have ever played. It makes my butt hurt, gives me carpel tunnel and causes me to euphorically hum the Trek theme. My fingers are numb from mousing constantly and clicking on everything I can. I am hoping that Cryptic puts a bonus tube of Preperation H in the box cause I'm going to need it for my roids! Darn you Cryptic: Why'd you have to go and make me pay for that lifetime sub? Broke my arm twisting it so hard!! I could have used that money towards my monkey farm in Guatemala. AND on top of that, I'm going to go blind frm staring at the screen all day from now on. This game is going to Kill Me!!!!!:p

Seriously, C'mon folks, this game is always going to be a work in progress; just like ALL MMO's. It never fails to amaze me how anyone could expect anything more. New code ALWAYS breaks something, No matter what gets fixed in the patch, that specific patch will break something else. It's the rule to the Exception. When you have an open ended game which evolves it happens. Give Cryptic their Due, Atari pushed them to get this out as fast as possible, and they have done an admirable job to have taken the mess perpetual left and made it this far with it. Give 'em time. It'll all work out.
BUMP LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:56 PM
This is the 3rd game of theirs in a series, reskined and skimmed in many parts. For the time they've spent on this it doesn't feel or look like a finished product. Considering the circumstances, either they were understaffed or just lazy, whichever it is they failed. Save for the cosmetics there's very little in the game which actually feels like Star Trek.

Now if you don't mind I have an entire fleet of ships to annihilate with my frigate, apparently they've looked at me wrong or some such, either way you can be sure I'll be upholding the highest ideals of Starfleet as I bathe in their blood.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senty View Post
This is the 3rd game of theirs in a series, reskined and skimmed in many parts. For the time they've spent on this it doesn't feel or look like a finished product. Considering the circumstances, either they were understaffed or just lazy, whichever it is they failed. Save for the cosmetics there's very little in the game which actually feels like Star Trek.

Now if you don't mind I have an entire fleet of ships to annihilate with my frigate, apparently they've looked at me wrong or some such, either way you can be sure I'll be upholding the highest ideals of Starfleet as I bathe in their blood.
That's the spirit! Skill those kills, ensign!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakensal View Post

If it's the worst thing you have ever played then why are you still playing it? I'd leave if I thought it was that bad then your problem is solved that would be the simple solution for people who thought it was bad but instead they come to the forums and encourage more to leave with them because they can't stand the downtime. In any event I agree with you this game has also made my butt hurt, I got carpel tunnel and I demand they pay me back so I'm going to sue them for every cent of my $49.99 :-P

Yeah seriously people need to chill about the whole this game sucks deal. It's a great game and requires still a large amount of work but in the end it will be worth it ... unless like the thread starter claims it ends up killing us all in the end so lets all be happy and just sit back to see what the dev's do with the game. I am sure around this time next year it will be a great game so give it a chance and by that I mean longer then 2 days.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhunter
If it's the worst thing you have ever played then why are you still playing it? I'd leave if I thought it was that bad then your problem is solved.
Either you missed the point entirely, or are really bad at continuing the sarcasm here...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaXand View Post
Either you missed the point entirely, or are really bad at continuing the sarcasm here...
Naw I read it, I was posting a sarcasm reply but for some reason the entire post I entered didn't get posted. Now I remember why I use firefox and not IE.