Lt. Commander
# 131
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellic View Post
Yah because you are living proof that there isn't a problem. The reality is I've talked to 6 other people and all have had drops and all are on a phat pipe. That isn't a great sampling for data, however I'm the 7th and I've had about 1 drop for every 3 hours of gameplay.

I'm neither ripping Cryptic a new one nor letting them off the hook on this. It is what it is.
There is very little they can do to simulate a real world load other then slowly ramp up and hope to god they estimated correctly.

However I'm still of the mind that this was rushed because of the money involved. Lets be blunt here. The longer it is closed the less revenue they get from the yearly and monthly users.

IMHO Cryptic should have given it a month more with beta. Ramping up with preorders getting access 1 full week in advance, not a weekend. Yes it give us a huge headstart and invariably there will be newbes that will ***** (EDIT: I always love intense forum filters. If I use a moderately bland word the filter allows anyone to fill in a more extreme and offensive word by way of their imagination. So are you really helping by filtering out my word?) , however the load would be much more realistic and the telemetry they get off their servers would be more robust and give them an idea of what is going on. what we have here are two piece of the puzzle. The server side software and the client on your desktop.
this weekend is the equivalent of a beta 2 on the server side. I wouldn't even call it a release candidate at this point. The desktop software is pretty good (ground combat's camera and getting stuck in a mother loving corner, still sucks my left butt cheek though.)
My guess is within 2 weeks this thing will be pretty solid assuming Monday\Tuesday doesn't complete destroy their server farm. However right now....it half baked.
Ehh? so is OP a living proof that there is a problem for everyone? i am sorry but i didn't understand what you are trying to say. Some are having problems other are not, doesn't mean people should stop making positive replies.
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
This game is still beta and we prepaid in advance some 6 months for the exclusive right to play in this
beta phase. Those on the monthly sub can cancel the paid beta with no loss, those of us with the Lifetime
subscription are stuck. We paid to play in this continued beta so we may as well. I just need to change
the way I look at this so as to not keep getting annoyed.

From here on out, when someone *itches about the game, I'm going to tell him/her the truth. This game
is still in beta testing and they paid for and agreed to test the product for Cryptic.

Now with that said, I just ask that Cryptic address the myriad of bug reports and work towards making
the game stable enough for a retail release. I won't bother asking for a date as that is like disproving a negative...something that cannot be done anymore than they can give a date this game will be ready for retail.
you´re so right, though i do not understand why u bought a lifetime sub in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Yea sure PEOPLE and everyone must like the game or they are called troll... You are just bunch of kids that dont know we are just ot the same...

I like BLACK color you like PINK
I like ATI graphic card you like NVIDIA
I like APPLE fruit you like ORANGE
I like WOMEN you like ???
I like CHINEZE food you like ITALIAN
I like BAGGY pants you like TIGHT ones
I like SNEAKERS you like BOOTS
i like RPG you like FPS
I like AK47 you like M4A1
I like VW you like BMW
I like THIS and you like THAT
I DONT LIKE THIS GAME TO THIS POINT (so i agree with OP) and YOU DO LIKE THIS GAME (so you dont agree) WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT...

We live mostly in free world full of diferent ideas and toughts, wishes etc. So GROW UP A LITTLE AND STOP BEING A CHILD (only if you are child you dont need to do that :p )
Lt. Commander
# 134 iIt's Funny...
01-30-2010, 03:52 PM
The server only seems to go down when I'm AFK. From open Beta to pre release I've only been crashed out 3 times. I've got my lifetime sub to what I feel is a great MMO and so far I'm having a great time playing it. I can only hope that issues like server crashes and bugs get dealt with in a timely manner. For the record, I do feel that STO should have beta tested longer, just give it time people.
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMPER445 View Post
this is way better than what beta was if you do not like it quit
Gotta agree with this. Cryptic, for all it's faults, misleading advertising and down times IS improving the game.
Lt. Commander
# 136
01-30-2010, 04:06 PM
i just hope the game goes live for the rest of us on tuesday like its supposed to. i wont preorder a game and all its promisses for the exact reason why every one else is whineing about it.

i dont want to whine about something for nothing

but im pretty sure i will be posting some hate mails about the co-store.

pre pay games dont have online stores, or atleast shouldnt have online stores, only free to play use the online stores to make money..

other than that game looks great and i didnt crash once dureing the beta phase, was actually very surprised to see myy 5 year old machine run the game so smoothly lol. not even eve online runs this smoothly.

good work on the stability cryptic, just wish you worked as hard with champions too.
Lt. Commander
# 137
01-30-2010, 09:59 PM
The suggestion from Zodi-emish seems to have improved things 10 fold. the rubberbandman crap has been eliminated.
I still get disconnected every 90 minutes or so but I can live with that (as long as I am not one torpedo away from victory when it happens!)

My thanks to Zodi-emish for remaining constructive and helpful despite the countless negative remarks peppered
throughout the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 138
01-30-2010, 10:00 PM
sure no problem
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
A happy ending!