Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasn View Post
Klingons technically are weaker than Feds... and I play a Fed... one vs one a Fed will generally beat a klingon... the reasons:

Fed has more consoles and more BO skills to utilise... Klingons are more limited only to tactical BO skills.

The only thing going for them are their cloaks... and ONLY BoP have battle cloaks. (at least in tier 2 I haven't checked the other tiers).

It's the initial surprise that really screws up a Fed.... after that... everything is about even.

Now with the nerf to MES... things got alot more even handed.... and THANK YOU DEV for changing MES.
We are not limited to Tactical BO skills. I think you need to roll a Klink and find out. We do have a number of sacrifices, our ships have less hull and shields than Fed ships BoP's have fewer BO slots and less hull and shields than any other ships in the game, but Klinks really is the thinking mans faction, when thought out and played well they are devastating.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
We are not limited to Tactical BO skills. I think you need to roll a Klink and find out. We do have a number of sacrifices, our ships have less hull and shields than Fed ships BoP's have fewer BO slots and less hull and shields than any other ships in the game, but Klinks really is the thinking mans faction, when thought out and played well they are devastating.
I thought if you chose a raptor it limites one of the BO selections to only allow tactical BO?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasn View Post
I thought if you chose a raptor it limites one of the BO selections to only allow tactical BO?
The Raptor is basically the Klingon version of the Fed Escort. The K't'inga which we get at T3 is basically the Cruiser. The Vo'Quv is sort of a science ship and the BoP is a jack of all trades with universal BO slots, but far less hull and shields.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
The weapons that the kdf start with are no better than store bought whites with a minor bonus.

This isn't about the gear, which is 'decent' t1 gear. The third fed mission gives a better shield than any KDF has access to in tier 1.

This is about fighting experienced enemies.

If it took you a while to kill an enemy, you were clearly doing something wrong. Figure out what that was.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasn View Post
Klingons technically are weaker than Feds... and I play a Fed... one vs one a Fed will generally beat a klingon... the reasons:

Fed has more consoles and more BO skills to utilise... Klingons are more limited only to tactical BO skills.

The only thing going for them are their cloaks... and ONLY BoP have battle cloaks. (at least in tier 2 I haven't checked the other tiers).

It's the initial surprise that really screws up a Fed.... after that... everything is about even.

Now with the nerf to MES... things got alot more even handed.... and THANK YOU DEV for changing MES.

And cloaks seem to not work that well, won't call them broken, and forget bout taking a cruiser on solo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-30-2010, 10:08 PM
The gear the Klingons start with is still inferior to the gear the Federation players will have at the same level if they run through their missions. You are running through your missions, right? If not, you have no room to complain, you are choosing to gimp yourself. I mean, a green shield with 20% disruptor resist at level 2? LOL. Not to mention the potential blues from the fleet actions, and all the PVE drops klingons have no access to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
The gear the Klingons start with is still inferior to the gear the Federation players will have at the same level if they run through their missions.
Oh really? Then why do I have a single Mk I item on my Feddie (which isn't even equipped because I haven't had enough drops to try a cannon setup)?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Its very unblanced T2 as well.

Fed escorts are trash. They are soft and have been nerfed on damage badly.

Cannon are useless because the BOPs are SOOO much faster.

BOPs are DPS,TANK and defuffer all in one.

Many more issuses but, hey thats how games work. They super buffed klingons so people would play them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
Oh really? Then why do I have a single Mk I item on my Feddie (which isn't even equipped because I haven't had enough drops to try a cannon setup)?
What level are you? Klingons start at level 6. By that level, you will already have several mission rewards, all green. My Miranda, for instance, at level 6, when I was finally able to roll my main, had 2 green phaser arrays, a quantum torpedo launcher, and the green 20% disruptor resist shield.

Either you are failing to claim your mission rewards, or you need to actually start playing through the missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenz View Post
Its very unblanced T2 as well.

Fed escorts are trash. They are soft and have been nerfed on damage badly.

Cannon are useless because the BOPs are SOOO much faster.

BOPs are DPS,TANK and defuffer all in one.

Many more issuses but, hey thats how games work. They super buffed klingons so people would play them.
ROFL!! ROFL!! HAHAHA ROFL!!!... sorry... just had to laugh.

It's like the posts people usually get in the Wow forums about druids being able to tank, heal, cc and dps in kitty form.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 AM.