Lt. Commander
Other than a few green mission rewards, I have not found any drops better than commons. I was talking to some guys in-game and one was only a level 8 Klingon and had a ship full of blues. He didnt want to share his secret so I'm here asking if there is a certain area or mission that has a good drop rate? How does this guy only do two levels and get several blues while I have done 10 levels and get silly drops like Prune Juice? I'm Fed BTW.

(Not kidding, I killed the large General to set Marta free and he only dropped a Prune Juice, killed the battleship at the end and got an engine powerup)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Klingon do only PvP, for the most part.

PvP is the bigger badder challenge. To be expected to get better drops.

Have you done much PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
Other than a few green mission rewards, I have not found any drops better than commons. I was talking to some guys in-game and one was only a level 8 Klingon and had a ship full of blues. He didnt want to share his secret so I'm here asking if there is a certain area or mission that has a good drop rate? How does this guy only do two levels and get several blues while I have done 10 levels and get silly drops like Prune Juice? I'm Fed BTW.

(Not kidding, I killed the large General to set Marta free and he only dropped a Prune Juice, killed the battleship at the end and got an engine powerup)
I've gotten most of mine from placing in Starbase 24. It's pretty easy to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Placing high in Fleet actions can net you a blue.

I think those are only ranked by pure DPS, though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousCoal View Post

Yeah, say goodbye to decent Science players.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousCoal View Post

How does this work? I have done SB24 a few times and all I get is drops from ships I kill and the quest reward at the end. How do you check where you place and where does the blue come from? Of course I had a kling char on OB and I had tons of blues on it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukem170 View Post
How does this work? I have done SB24 a few times and all I get is drops from ships I kill and the quest reward at the end. How do you check where you place and where does the blue come from? Of course I had a kling char on OB and I had tons of blues on it.
The scoreboard comes up at the end. The main thing to do is not to accept the ground mission. Without fail, you will get offered the ground mission, and accepting it will halt all of your progress in the fleet action.

Just blast the ships until the quota is filled, and then the scoreboard pops up. I think it's the top 5 that get decent rewards.. after that, it's only stuff like batteries and the like.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I got four tonight but was busy doing other things. The trick is fleet actions and be the biggest ****storm in there ( do most damage )

It's not that hard. I get third or above 95% of the time in my first ship. Just be busy and don't be afraid to die. A respawn will cost you less dps than limping away to heal up.