Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm honestly quite shocked it hasn't been down for the last 20 hours. I know they scrambled to keep up with Beta, and now that it's pre-release, I'm sure they're coming to server-realization. I suspect it'll be bigger than they expected, and Monday through Thursday will be bad days to play (or really not play, since no one (after 6pm) will be able to log in), and after that it'll settle to normal.

I hope it's OK on Monday -- my next day off work
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Even wow still has problems. Everytime there is a major patch wow is buggy for awhile. They still have issues with their servers, anyone who has played wow knows "Instance servers are full, pls try again" all too well.

**** was HORRIBLE for a while during launch, I had friends that sat in queues for a very long time. Atleast we don't have queue times.

Compared to others STO has had quite a good opening so far.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicebe View Post
I'm honestly quite shocked it hasn't been down for the last 20 hours. I know they scrambled to keep up with Beta, and now that it's pre-release, I'm sure they're coming to server-realization. I suspect it'll be bigger than they expected, and Monday through Thursday will be bad days to play (or really not play, since no one (after 6pm) will be able to log in), and after that it'll settle to normal.

I hope it's OK on Monday -- my next day off work
QFT. Monday through till a week friday will be hell under the load strain. I'll play and be thankful when I can and try to keep well humored and mannered when the srver is down. I'm a trekkie, and I love this game!

Sure, if cryptic had had the time wasted by perpetual as well as the 2 years they've taken, we'd be looking at the best mmo (story/content wise) since WoW (or insert other great mmo here, EQ is equally acceptable if not more so!) but, as it stands, they've done a bang up job.

I can honestly say that although i will now not be getting a lifetime (r/l got in the way as well as matters outside of my control) I will be around for (hopefully) years to come and proud (well ad much as one can be about a game) to be amongst the first
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
So yeah... I'm one of those "Lifers" who's a little high strung about the fact that I spent $300 on an MMO that doesn't appear to be anywhere near ready.
Then maybe you should have done a little research before dumping $300, because I have no idea what frame of reference you're using to determine this MMO isn't "anywhere near ready". This is going through the same birthing pains as pretty much any MMO. If you'd done your research you would have known that, and you would have known what you were getting yourself into.

Your ignorance, quite frankly, is your own fault.

I've dropped $400 or so for the game. My temper's not boiling over in the least. Why? Because I knew what to expect. Does that make things right? No. But it does make them normal.