Lt. Commander
# 1 Still unable to play.
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Cryptic and thanks Steam you're both beyond pathetic, now I went over my monthly download limit trying to download this damn game again so clearly not getting anywhere with it now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Ermmmm really the issue is with Steam, its their download system that is at fault.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
Thanks Cryptic and thanks Steam you're both beyond pathetic, now I went over my monthly download limit trying to download this damn game again so clearly not getting anywhere with it now.
I'm going to tell you how to fix this. let's get one thing straight steam is bad for MMOs.

that being said, and you're not going to like what I'm going to say.
but go the Download page
and download the client. do use the steam one, just get the normal. it will save you a head ache. now I know it will take a while to down load, so start the download, and go do something to release stress. that way when you come back it will be ready, and you will not be stress out when you're playing.

also if you need help finding you're CD key from steam, or any problems hit me up via PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Or, choose an internet provider that does not set a "monthly download limit" the fact that there are such plans still boggles my mind.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotoc View Post
Or, choose an internet provider that does not set a "monthly download limit" the fact that there are such plans still boggles my mind.
In Australia that's apparently all they have.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
I went over my monthly download limit trying to download this damn game again so clearly not getting anywhere with it now.

That's your fault. Don't blame others for your mistakes and lack of foresight.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't mind ragging on Cryptic when they're actually at fault... but yeah... I downloaded my client from D2D, never had a problem with it. It has never tried to delete itself, etc.

And yeah, in some parts of the world ridiculously low download caps are still considered normal. Australia seems to not have any concept of "unlimited" download caps.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotoc View Post
Most UK ISP's have limits,thank BT for that