Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I have nothing like that machine, no SLI, and i have been kicked out of the game at least 5 times an hour. The only reason I am posting in here is because I just got booted again. This is very frustrating I was actually starting to enjoy the game.

Cryptic for the love of God plz plz fix this garbage!

I am trying to update all my drivers right now to see if that helps any.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
running fine on a windows 7, pentium 4, SLi. No issues.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireishi
Well troll, if she hadn't said she had a nice computer, I'm sure you would have just responded with, "Get off yer 386 loser!" Typical loser fanboi troll. Ignore the real problem.
The real problem being "cryptic sucks" ? Sorry; but no issues here either other than random server crashes that affect everyone else; client stability is almost perfect (hate being stuck on "retrieving character list, a timeout would help :p)

Can't always blame all issues on cryptic or other game developers; often the drivers are the issue; video card; soudboard; motherboard/chipset; or just a bad combo of hardware+drivers that dont like to go along. They can't possibly test ALL the possibilities out there; this is not a playstation or xbox game where everyone runs the same hardware.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
The real problem being "cryptic sucks" ? Sorry; but no issues here either other than random server crashes that affect everyone else; client stability is almost perfect (hate being stuck on "retrieving character list, a timeout would help :p)

Can't always blame all issues on cryptic or other game developers; often the drivers are the issue; video card; soudboard; motherboard/chipset; or just a bad combo of hardware+drivers that dont like to go along. They can't possibly test ALL the possibilities out there; this is not a playstation or xbox game where everyone runs the same hardware.
you make some good points but this launch has been the rockiest one i have ever been a part of. Even Champions played better than this and most of the posts in these forums would agree with that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox0311 View Post
you make some good points but this launch has been the rockiest one i have ever been a part of. Even Champions played better than this and most of the posts in these forums would agree with that.
LOL then you havent been in many launches. Rockiest award would go to ... Anarchy Online
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 10:47 PM
My PC is a bit above the reccomended spects (E8400, single ATI 4870, 4gb ram etc) and it runs beautifully as far as framerates. Open beta was stable.

Ive had some random crashing issues in head start though, then the game tries to upload an 800+meg dump file >.>
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakster
I am doing fine with SLI running XP SP2 on a quad core. Dual NVidia 9800GTs. With that said, even with that much horsepower I've had to dial down the graphics resolution a couple of ticks to get it to run smooth.

Crashes at this point for me are largely server-side (for instance now, which is why I'm on the Forums...).
I have a 2.6 Dual Core Processor, a GeForce 9600 512mb, and 6gb Ram opted ready boost to 12gb. I also work for a computer co. (not going to mention which), trust me when I say the largest bottle neck on any machiene is the amount of RAM it has. I have my graphics on full, and have not had a single problem, heck I havn't had any lag either. If your systems are running slow, and are on 4gb or less, upgrade them if you can, that should drasticly improve you preformance, if you are still having problems, you may need to adjust your physicx engine,. (BTW this is my laptop, hooked to my plasma through HDMI, I haven't even ran this on my super comp.)

Just a sugestion