Lt. Commander
I was just thinking about some of the threads I've read complaining that friends don't seem to end up on the same team when playing instances.

Didn't there used to be a "select a specific instance" tickbox...What happened to that?...and why?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:50 PM
They removed it with one of the last patches before head start. Once you're in an instance, you can just click the instance title above the minimap if you need to switch instances manually.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
They removed it with one of the last patches before head start. Once you're in an instance, you can just click the instance title above the minimap if you need to switch instances manually.
Only if the server is up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
I want it back. They need to put it back.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah...i liked the idea that I could select the instance I wanted before warping in...

I mean what a waste of time...all warp in to different instances...all warp out to wherever (once you've decided).

The tickbox was easier.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
This feature really needs to be added back into the game. They took it out because you could hit the cancel button when you were in a mission and you would be invisible and untargetable.

They could have just made it pop up BEFORE the warp out animation and it would have solved that problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scud.nz View Post
Yeah...i liked the idea that I could select the instance I wanted before warping in...

I mean what a waste of time...all warp in to different instances...all warp out to wherever (once you've decided).

The tickbox was easier.
Or how about just making the game work in the first place. ie. put the whole group in the SAME FREAKIN INSTANCE for God's sake. Why is this concept alien to Cryptic. Seriously. If you fixed it, it would result in a lighter server load as players wouldn't have to be constantly changing instances.