Lt. Commander
# 1 servers suxor?
01-30-2010, 11:45 PM
server maintenance for the 4th time today. These servers must realy be bad, K-mart blue light specials or something. I got slammed when i posted that the game wasnt ready on last day of beta, but all this down time proves I was right.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:50 PM
No, the downtime proves that Cryptic got way more subscriptions then it expected and is rushing to fix the situation. I know folks who are still pre-ordering today.

All MMOs have these problems before they launch (yes, we are still BEFORE launch). WoW was unplayable for weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:50 PM
So not funny I work at kmart lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoin
No, the downtime proves that Cryptic got way more subscriptions then it expected and is rushing to fix the situation. I know folks who are still pre-ordering today.

All MMOs have these problems before they launch (yes, we are still BEFORE launch). WoW was unplayable for weeks.
ummmm no they dont. didnt go thru this on POTBS or ****. Aino just had horrendouse ques to get in
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Supposedly, they share server space with Coh/v
Lt. Commander
# 6 this
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:

This is the most likely of all things I have read today. This game probably has more people on it on day one (before day one actually) than any other game in history. Not even WOW started out at break neck speed. From what I have seen this game has started out that way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:

WoW was also Blizzard's first attempt at an MMORPG launch so you can cut them some slack for having to go through the learning process. This is what, Cryptics 3rd or so MMO launch? Those excuses don't fly anymore. And they also just launched an MMO last year and had the same issues they're having here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaasher View Post
This is the most likely of all things I have read today. This game probably has more people on it on day one (before day one actually) than any other game in history. Not even WOW started out at break neck speed. From what I have seen this game has started out that way.
actualy i think **** did. all of their servers where full with multiple hour ques to get in. but the servers for the most part stayed up.
Lt. Commander
# 9 wow
01-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwren
WoW was also Blizzard's first attempt at an MMORPG launch so you can cut them some slack for having to go through the learning process. This is what, Cryptics 3rd or so MMO launch? Those excuses don't fly anymore. And they also just launched an MMO last year and had the same issues they're having here.
Not an excuse. You missed my point entirely didnt ya?

There has never been a game with this many people on it before at the start. ever. Imagine the strain on any server.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaasher View Post
Not an excuse. You missed my point entirely didnt ya?

There has never been a game with this many people on it before at the start. ever. Imagine the strain on any server.
I think you are wrong. As **** had all servers full during headstart and they had to add mor. they also had ques to play.

That being said untill they release some numbers we wont know which had more at that time tho.