Ensign
# 1 Feedback on FACR A2B Build
07-12-2014, 04:04 PM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...devregenta2b_0

Gear is what I currently have except Warp Core, that's one I'm leaning towards. Elite Plasma-Integrated to help recover from A2B, [S->A] to help A2B and [ACap] for when you need that Aux boost. Alternative would be [W->S] and Aux batteries in Device slots.

Skills are a potential respec.

I mainly PvE with occasional forays into PvP, hence Elite Shields with [Adapt] rather than [ResA/B].

RomPlas BA [Acc]x2 were purchasd before Cryptic broke overflow with BFAW. Time to play the Rom Rep system lottery and hope for [CrtH] or [CrtD] mods.

Is the Borg 2-piece still a viable option or are there better 2-piece sets for a cruiser?
Captain
# 2
07-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilment666 View Post
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...devregenta2b_0

Gear is what I currently have except Warp Core, that's one I'm leaning towards. Elite Plasma-Integrated to help recover from A2B, [S->A] to help A2B and [ACap] for when you need that Aux boost. Alternative would be [W->S] and Aux batteries in Device slots.

Skills are a potential respec.

I mainly PvE with occasional forays into PvP, hence Elite Shields with [Adapt] rather than [ResA/B].

RomPlas BA [Acc]x2 were purchasd before Cryptic broke overflow with BFAW. Time to play the Rom Rep system lottery and hope for [CrtH] or [CrtD] mods.

Is the Borg 2-piece still a viable option or are there better 2-piece sets for a cruiser?
Looks like a cookie cutter a2b assault cruiser.

Ppl have been replacing borg 2 piece with Nukara 2 piece recently, due to borg nerf on high hp ships and Nukara buff to all energy dmg. But still, it's not directly comparable, since one is tank, the other dmg.

[Acc]x2 is still fine, since faw has at most 50% uptime, it'll overflow in the other 50%.

Besides, the whole thing doesn't make a big difference, certainly not worth the extra grind.

For core, you don't need aux boost, ppl use plasma integrated for another reason (beam weapon drain), and any with amp is fine. Science team isn't aux based, and hazard cleanses just fine with minimal aux.
Critical Hit Calculator
Lieutenant
# 3
07-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Good looking setup. I am running a fairly similar build on my FAHCR A2B build and am kind of bored with the Borg 2 pc Deflector/Engine setup. I have heard others mention the Nukara 2pc setup as well but am still not quite clear on the advantages.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...usskumano_4483

I'm kind of clueless on what Warp core and shield to run.

As soon as our fleet hits T4 shipyard in the next few days I am switching to a Fleet Avenger, then when we hit T5 I will do a FACR like you
Career Officer
# 4
07-16-2014, 04:55 AM
If you're going to do PvP at all you need to spec 6 into power insulators. So you don't get incapacitated by the slightest drain ability.

Also 9 in EPS allows you to overcap your Weapons more when using beams.

And 9 in thrusters bc in PvP the faster you turn the longer you bring all your weapons to bare on target.

Last edited by edalgo; 07-16-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Captain
# 5
07-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Thank you for using a torpedo in your build.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 6
07-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Build looks solid. Torpedo a bit questionable given your lack of torpedo spec or torpedo-enhancing parts, but it does use your available boff slots. Would move it to the shipbutt, since it is very unlikely you want to fire your torpedo as part of the opening volley, as it's a bogstandard torpedo which has no special effects that allow it to deal damage to still-shielded targets. This will somewhat improve your on-approach damage, saving the torpedo to be launched after you turn to broadside. But without consoles, skills, or special effects backing it, results may be lackluster: Consider replacing it with another beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Thank you for using a torpedo in your build.
...why is this thanksworthy? Does his torpedo benefit you in some way?
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-16-2014, 07:37 AM
The only torpedo I would use on a beamboat is the gravimetric with spread, as part of the 2-piece crit boost.

Anything else would be for kidding yourself that a torpedo belongs on a beamboat.

Republic Veteran
# 8
07-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
The only torpedo I would use on a beamboat is the gravimetric with spread, as part of the 2-piece crit boost.

Anything else would be for kidding yourself that a torpedo belongs on a beamboat.
Or if he has access, the 180 quantum torp and/or 180 voth torp......
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."
Ensign
# 9
07-17-2014, 10:33 AM
I run an A2B Fleet Excelsior with similar weapons, and I have a few suggestions and comments to make.

First, your overall damage will be surprising weak given the fact that you run a torpedo and that you have zero points into energy weapons performance. The usage of a torpedo on your built is not required due to the presence of a plasmonic Leech Console, which of course saps energy from opposing vessels returning the stolen energy to your own starship power systems. The energy that a plasmonic leech console steals from an opponents ship will increase your own combat effectiveness by greatly negating the energy drain from firing energy based weapons. Torpedoes do have their place in the game, but simply idling in space firing a barrage of torpedo at a given target is perhaps one of the least effective ways of damage a single targets and/or multiple targets. IN a A2B fleet excelsior build like your own, firing 8 beams at a single target and or multiple targets will prove far more effective than using any given torpedo in the game.

For the purpose of improving your ship, I suggest you remove the torpedo you use, get an eighth plasma beam with modifiers of crtdx2.

Now that I have covered weapons, let's take a look at what your have for healing. First, you need some way of healing your ship that does not draw on auxiliary power subsystem. To that end, I suggest Engineering Team and Science Team. Engineering team heals the ship hull and science team heals the ship shields and neither skill draws on aux power. While keeping Hazard Emitters, get Science Team (preferably level 2).

OK. That is it for now.

Captain
# 10
07-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
Or if he has access, the 180 quantum torp and/or 180 voth torp......
He has it, so the torpedo isn't a total loss. However, he has no spec in torpedoes, and it's not a particularly interesting torpedo, the WAQT is basically a bogstandard MK X Qtorp in terms of performance. So it's not contributing a whole lot to the ship.