Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Well the news report i read stated that Atari paid 26 some odd million for the company when they bought Cryptic out, I do no see a company paying out a bonus equivalent to the purchase price...
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Actually, you may want to turn the douchenozzle down a little bit. This "rumor" was started during the OB in these very forums. Whether or not there is any truth to it is... well, for anyone to find out. I'm of the mindset that Cryptic is in the business of making games and they have the daunting task of making games that not only make them money, but their string-pulling publisher (Atari) money as well.
Woohoo, aren't we touchyy today. If the OP had come in here, like the gentleman below, with proof, then he would had gotten my attention. But he came in like a troll. I quote again "I heard somewhere" , oh yeah, very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelKatz View Post
Now this is what we are talking about. PDF file of Corporate Docs, and an article.

But what those this all proof? That we live in a Capitalist society. Amen to that. It's no different than NCsoft, or blizzard, to name a couple of big wigs. It's all about money and they are entitle to it. For 20 Mil I would have launch it a month ago. I let Phoenix give the finger. LOL

But the launch date is not the what is going to give them the bonus but how they perform. Will they meet the Revenues targets? Woof. That's another story. In other words, if that line does not go pass the Profit red line, then Major Fail. Also, read the article closer, they are also coming up with a third MMO. This caught my curiosity. Hmmm, to be a fly on the wall watching.

But all of this does not matter. What matters is when all of these Down times and issues are going to be resolve. Plain and simple, or no Bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLord View Post
But all of this does not matter. What matters is when all of these Down times and issues are going to be resolve. Plain and simple, or no Bonus.
You are definitely correct when you say that so I would hope they are working hard to resolve it seeing lots of people are making threats to quit which with each person that does makes it less and less likely they will see that bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 09:58 PM
The thread was an allusion to the massive bonuses made by corporate executives despite the poor quality of their product or work. No one ever said that anyone from Cryptic was getting such a bonus, but we discussed in that thread the overall mentality of the American company which seems to be money first and quality third or fourth. Someone claimed that STO's deadline was moved up for the sake of quarterly profits.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibe-r-us
I heard this somewhere, that cryptic is getting a 20 million dollar bonus for getting this out on time from atari. I could be wrong, please correct me if that is the case..
It's just a rumor. Nothing more.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
I heard this somewhere, that cryptic is getting a 20 million dollar bonus for getting this out on time from atari. I could be wrong, please correct me if that is the case.

I think sitting here hating on cryptic because they cannot seem to get their act together is pointless...I believe the group/company that needs to hear about this patheitc situation is the one holding the leash, or be it in this case a 20 million dollar check. My suggestion would be to flood Atari with disatsifaction emails...I can assure you that Cryptic may change their tune, if they feel their payday may be in jeopardy due a missed successful launch.

Just a thought.
I didnt know Atari could afford $20 million???
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
I heard this somewhere, that cryptic is getting a 20 million dollar bonus for getting this out on time from atari. I could be wrong, please correct me if that is the case.

I think sitting here hating on cryptic because they cannot seem to get their act together is pointless...I believe the group/company that needs to hear about this patheitc situation is the one holding the leash, or be it in this case a 20 million dollar check. My suggestion would be to flood Atari with disatsifaction emails...I can assure you that Cryptic may change their tune, if they feel their payday may be in jeopardy due a missed successful launch.

Just a thought.
All you complainers must be MMO newbs. I've never played an MMO at launch that DIDN"T have these problems. To be honest this one has been a lot smoother then even WOW was.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
I didnt know Atari could afford $20 million???
Quoted For Truth.