Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
Hi all,

Just some questions i have that I've never found an answer for elsewhere (sorry if I've missed it, can't spend all my life on the forums, i have work, family, etc commitments. heh)

1. Accuracy

This is a Ship starter skill/ability which gives +0.1 accuracy to weapons, it's also an ability you can find on weapons themselves..

What is it's point? From the little I was able to play in the Open Beta.. I never seemed to actually miss hitting the enemy, it was just a matter of how much damage was done.. Or was I missing (lol pun not intended) the fact that I was missing but the graphics/animation showed me hitting anyways?

Just wondering, is it worth taking the starter attribute and/or weapons with +0.1 accuracy.. over other abilities or weapons? Does accuracy have any actual effect in the game?

2. Player "Borg" special - the hp & shield regen ability...

How much does the +0.1 hp regen actually do in regards to regeneration?
How fast would it be? Noticable difference?

Shield regen -you only regen shields when out of combat, or not being targeted right?
So how useful/effective would +10% shield regen bonus be ?

3. Character Creation

The only way to create non "spec" races would be to play as an "alien" right?
So if I say wanted to play a 5 foot human.. I'd have to play as an "Alien".. (as iirc the Human size scaler doesn't go that low... which is stupid imo as i know a fair few ppl who are 5 foot - 5 foot 2...)

And this means If I wanted to play as a Recovered Borg Human,. I'd have to stay in the size ranges they nominated.. no other way to have the Borg head-gear right?

4. Specials that came with different pre-order's / companies

Does anyone know if we'll get these on existing characters once retail key is applied to our accounts? Or will they require a whole new character to get?

IE the 500 skill point bonus.. will this get applied to all characters on account, or just new ones?

Same applies to items such as the Defense unit, the emotes, the uniform selection, etc ?

4a. skill point bonus

Considering the cap on skill points.. does the cap include the 500 bonus points? or will the 500 bonus points just get you to the cap faster?

5. Efficiency

Just what does +5 Engine / Shield / Energy / Aux Efficiency actually do?

.. just some of the questions which make my head go all blank. I wasn't able to play enough Open Beta to really work out what they do (not that i've ever been that great on working out game mechanics or such. lolz).

Thanx in advance to any help on these questions