Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluECliQ View Post
As much as I hate WoW, I'm sick of seeing people post this "excuse" on the forum. WoW had and still has an unprecedented amount of players. I assure you Cryptic has a ton less amount of players to deal with.
Ummm. Yeah. But, hey, dude....?
WOW HAS MILLIONS OF PLAYERS AND THIS GAME HASN'T EVEN LAUNCHED YET.

Give Cryptic a ****ing break.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Seriously, it's like you guys have never been with an MMO at launch before. -.-
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Funny thing is, my deceased step-dad's name was Jim. SO that's probably why my eyes "filled in" the text wrong in my brain. That's how dyslexia works. I see something and somewhere between the perception and the awareness it gets over processed so that I think I see something that's not there, or not see something that is, when it comes to letters on the page. That's why I use Firefox because it catch stuff like that, except in this case - Dad is a perfectly proper word.

Add in being a bit angry, and in a hurry, and you get things like this.

As for those of you ragging? Get back to waiting on my table - I promise I'll tip you and the bus boy better next time.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantouflard
Ummm. Yeah. But, hey, dude....?
WOW HAS MILLIONS OF PLAYERS AND THIS GAME HASN'T EVEN LAUNCHED YET.

Give Cryptic a ****ing break.
I haven't said a thing about the downtime and Cryptic. All I'm pointing out is he's making a bad comparison to World of ********. He's pointing out that WoW had a terrible launch, but remains to be a successful game. And all I said was Blizzard had to deal with probably somewhere around 10-20 times more players five or six years ago. That's a huge difference, so you can't compare this launch with a small amount of players in 2010 to that launch with a number of million 6 years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost View Post
Seriously, it's like you guys have never been with an MMO at launch before. -.-
most have nevr played a MMo and have no idea of what the norm or "how it is" some have come form the single player or the console set and think they know they really dont know
Lt. Commander
# 36 Idiots
01-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Umm.... as someone who has worked in the game industry (as a PAID, FULL TIME, GAME DESIGNER for AAA TITLES).... you complainers are ****ing idiots. Making games like this is complicated. It's really tough. There will ALWAYS be bugs, and crashes, and all that kind of ****. The launch of STO has been much *more* smooth than for a lot of MMOs. Whine all you want about "we're paying customers, wahh wahh wahh". Yeah, well - so quit. Cancel your subscriptions. Either do that, or STFU, acts like adults, and understand that the world isn't perfect, bringing a game like this online is amazing difficult (something YOU could NEVER do), and live with a few outages for the first couple weeks. Soon enough things will be smooth and working fine. Cryptic has a great track record. Whining about a few little hicups during launch only makes you look like n00bs who don't know the first thing about the industry.

Is it annoying? Sure. I was in the middle of a great mission when this crash happened. Would I like to be playing now? Sure I would. But IT'S JUST A ****ING GAME. YOU WILL LIVE. Get you panties un-bunched.

If you have nothing in your life more important than STO, nothing better to worry about, no more useful way to spend your time than whining on this forum.... then I pity you, you sad pathetic fool. Go out and get a life.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I agree that I've been in worse situations with "Live MMOs" in the past. But that still doesn't mean that I like waiting around all night, when it almost seems like they don't know the Login Server is FUBAR.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluECliQ View Post
I haven't said a thing about the downtime and Cryptic. All I'm pointing out is he's making a bad comparison to World of ********. He's pointing out that WoW had a terrible launch, but remains to be a successful game. And all I said was Blizzard had to deal with probably somewhere around 10-20 times more players five or six years ago. That's a huge difference, so you can't compare this launch with a small amount of players in 2010 to that launch with a number of million 6 years ago.
I have my doubts that WoW launched with millions of players. The MMO market was considerably smaller back then. It has only really grown due to the popularity if WoW. I had a hard time finding people I knew playing MMOs 10 years ago, but today people from all walks of life play.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustsail
I have my doubts that WoW launched with millions of players. The MMO market was considerably smaller back then. It has only really grown due to the popularity if WoW. I had a hard time finding people I knew playing MMOs 10 years ago, but today people from all walks of life play.
There was more ppl in STO beta than was in WoW beta, if that's any indication of numbers, A lot more.

WoW had about 10k ppl in its beta testing.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Thank God they keep people like Pantoflard in games instead of anything important. T Hats a crappy attitude. Building software is complex, but this is the only industry where severe defects are shrugged off like that. Its a crappy attitude to take, and you must not have much pride in your work if garbage like this is acceptable to you. I used to work in gaming too, long time ago. Place called Kesmai, before I went into medical software (and they got devoured by Origins then EA and gutted).