Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,272
# 351
07-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
OOC: Err, how does Talven know he's Romulan? Aahuus (Stelam) is wearing a bandana around his mouth and head. He also wears goggles. Just so people won't know he's Romulan.
[OOC]Ah - I thought that might be the case but wasn't certain. Just amend the post to reflect he is telling you about the effect on Romulans without inferring that you are a Romulan yourself...

No worries Timothy... have a great vaca and we'll see you when you return. [/OOC]
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 11,200
# 352
07-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Aahuus stands quickly, not remembering to feign any discomfort. It was news to him, this Romulan regeneration. He would have to look into it later.

H'Gall motions to him, meaning it's time for the meeting. Aahuus grabs Talven, and propels him toward the door.


"Come on. It's time to go..." he mutters.
"Change is the only constant in Reality." - Heraclitus.... Ironic, no?
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,272
# 353
07-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
Aahuus stands quickly, not remembering to feign any discomfort. It was news to him, this Romulan regeneration. He would have to look into it later.

H'Gall motions to him, meaning it's time for the meeting. Aahuus grabs Talven, and propels him toward the door.


"Come on. It's time to go..." he mutters.
You beam down to the Staging area and are met by a team of security escorts. They look past you, to Talven, and sneer, then bid you to follow them. After a short walk and climb of the embassy stairs you enter D'Tan's office.

He stands, his back turned to you as he faces out the window. "Leave us."

The escort team bows and exits, leaving you alone with him. For a few long moments D'Tan doesn't speak; he just stares out the window to the world he is so desperately attempting to build. Finally, just when the silence has become unbearable, he turns and looks to Aahuss. "Is he Tal Shiar? Why have you brought this man to me?"


-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Aiel wipes the condensation from her mirror and admires her new look. Her hair is cut short, militaristic, but with a rough edge. She allows the towel to drop to the floor and begins to dress herself, no longer donning the rough civilian clothing she did upon her arrival but a finer, more familiar style of dress. Dark colors of fine Romulan silk entwined with emerald and silver. Perfect for her new position in the Embassy.

A smile came to her face as she thought of the previous aide's face when she released the nanoprobes in his room as he slept. He wouldn't even know he was affected; he'd wake up and continue work no different than any other day, every day... that is, every day that Aiel allowed him to. When the time was right she'd trigger the probes' command function and her little puppet would act accordingly, further securing her place and trust with D'Tan and his lackeys. One day... but not today. This day she would go to the Embassy and assume her position as attache to Cellvis, a fat worm of a politician. Once a great senator, now merely a small man fueling his desire for absolute power over the limited staff he was allowed to govern. He was a nuisance, that was certain. A nuisance and a letch. Aiel already had to "remind" the senator that his hands should be kept top themselves with a greenstick fracture to the radius but if that lesson wasn't enough, she'd gladly remind him with something more severe.

As she entered the main hall of the embassy she caught a glimpse of someone familiar. She tried to think where she had seen this Romulan before but couldn't quite grasp it. Nor did she recognize the two other men being escorted along with him. One of which was dressed in a manner obviously meant to disguise his appearance. She thought on the matter on briefly before deciding it wasn't worth her interest and went about her duties.





Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 11,200
# 354
07-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
You beam down to the Staging area and are met by a team of security escorts. They look past you, to Talven, and sneer, then bid you to follow them. After a short walk and climb of the embassy stairs you enter D'Tan's office.

He stands, his back turned to you as he faces out the window. "Leave us."

The escort team bows and exits, leaving you alone with him. For a few long moments D'Tan doesn't speak; he just stares out the window to the world he is so desperately attempting to build. Finally, just when the silence has become unbearable, he turns and looks to Aahuss. "Is he Tal Shiar? Why have you brought this man to me?"


-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Aahuus flinches slightly at the question. He had expected D'Tan to be at least cordial, but he must be letting his anger at the Tal'Shiar slip through. It also didn't help that Aahuus was thinking of the guard from earlier. He could've have sworn it was Aiel, but the hair was too short and she was in uniform. Not Aiel, but he would see her soon. Even if he had to hunt every Tal'Shiar and Hirogen in the Universe down and torture them slowly. He doesn't let any of this emotion show on his face as he answers.

"D'Tan, sir, we wouldn't have brought him to you if he wasn't. We would have just killed him..." Aahuus says emotionally, putting on an Orion accent. "He says he has something to tell you..."
"Change is the only constant in Reality." - Heraclitus.... Ironic, no?
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,272
# 355
07-18-2014, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
Aahuus flinches slightly at the question. He had expected D'Tan to be at least cordial, but he must be letting his anger at the Tal'Shiar slip through. It also didn't help that Aahuus was thinking of the guard from earlier. He could've have sworn it was Aiel, but the hair was too short and she was in uniform. Not Aiel, but he would see her soon. Even if he had to hunt every Tal'Shiar and Hirogen in the Universe down and torture them slowly. He doesn't let any of this emotion show on his face as he answers.

"D'Tan, sir, we wouldn't have brought him to you if he wasn't. We would have just killed him..." Aahuus says emotionally, putting on an Orion accent. "He says he has something to tell you..."

D'Tan looks to Talven. "Is this true?"

"Yes." Talven says flatly. "I am Tal Shiar, but not the Tal Shiar you are accustomed to. With the death of Hakeev and the disappearance of Sela the Tal Shiar you have come to know has all but been disbanded. I represent a faction whose interest lies in tandem with yours: the preservation and advancement of the Romulan people."

"That has always been the sentiment of the Tal Shiar." D'Tan folded his arms across his chest as he spoke. "The preservation of the Romulan people... even at the cost of thousands of Romulan deaths. The Tal Shiar seek nothing other than to control. What they can not control, they destroy."

"Please, listen D'Tan. Those days are, thankfully, gone. We have much larger issues to discuss. Issues which affect all Romulans, both on this world and off." Talven goes on to explain the regeneration aspects of the native Flora. He produces a padd he had on him and hands to to D'Tan. "If you care to review the data for yourself you will see what I say is true."

D'Tan takes the padd, his eyes never leaving Talven's.

"There is something else." Talven adds. "If we could speak alone for a moment..."
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 11,200
# 356
07-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
D'Tan looks to Talven. "Is this true?"

"Yes." Talven says flatly. "I am Tal Shiar, but not the Tal Shiar you are accustomed to. With the death of Hakeev and the disappearance of Sela the Tal Shiar you have come to know has all but been disbanded. I represent a faction whose interest lies in tandem with yours: the preservation and advancement of the Romulan people."

"That has always been the sentiment of the Tal Shiar." D'Tan folded his arms across his chest as he spoke. "The preservation of the Romulan people... even at the cost of thousands of Romulan deaths. The Tal Shiar seek nothing other than to control. What they can not control, they destroy."

"Please, listen D'Tan. Those days are, thankfully, gone. We have much larger issues to discuss. Issues which affect all Romulans, both on this world and off." Talven goes on to explain the regeneration aspects of the native Flora. He produces a padd he had on him and hands to to D'Tan. "If you care to review the data for yourself you will see what I say is true."

D'Tan takes the padd, his eyes never leaving Talven's.

"There is something else." Talven adds. "If we could speak alone for a moment..."
"If you think I am leaving you alone with the leader of the Romulan people for any reason, you're a bigger idiot than I first expected." Aahuus growls, shifting his spear so the razor sharp tip is more prominent.
"Change is the only constant in Reality." - Heraclitus.... Ironic, no?
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,272
# 357
07-19-2014, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
"If you think I am leaving you alone with the leader of the Romulan people for any reason, you're a bigger idiot than I first expected." Aahuus growls, shifting his spear so the razor sharp tip is more prominent.

D'Tan nods. "I agree with this man's sentiment. Why would I allow myself to be alone with an agent of the Tal Shiar for even a single moment? It's more than enough that I even entertain the idea of meeting you at all."

Talven sighs. "I am not your enemy, D'Tan. If you wish us to discuss what I have to say in mixed company, that is your choice. You've scanned the underground ruins and have found the errant power fluctuations, I assume? I'd further assume you've sent a team or two down to investigate."

"True. What is your point?" D'Tan shifts uncomfortably.

"None of them have returned and all have failed to check in." Talven says flatly.

"If you have done anything to those men and women..." D'Tan growls.

"I've told you. It isn't me or my people. You have no idea of what you've uncovered down there. You sent your teams into a deathtrap." Talven shifts his gaze to Aahuus and back to D'Tan. "You must abandon Project Aramus at once."

D'Tan's eyes betray his surprise. "How..."

"You must trust me." Talven says, his voice bordering on a plea. "For the sake of all Romulan people."

D'Tan stands in silent contemplation for several moments before looking to Aahuus. "Thank you for bringing him to me. Now if you don't mind, please step outside. I'll take charge of his custody from here."
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 11,200
# 358
07-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
D'Tan nods. "I agree with this man's sentiment. Why would I allow myself to be alone with an agent of the Tal Shiar for even a single moment? It's more than enough that I even entertain the idea of meeting you at all."

Talven sighs. "I am not your enemy, D'Tan. If you wish us to discuss what I have to say in mixed company, that is your choice. You've scanned the underground ruins and have found the errant power fluctuations, I assume? I'd further assume you've sent a team or two down to investigate."

"True. What is your point?" D'Tan shifts uncomfortably.

"None of them have returned and all have failed to check in." Talven says flatly.

"If you have done anything to those men and women..." D'Tan growls.

"I've told you. It isn't me or my people. You have no idea of what you've uncovered down there. You sent your teams into a deathtrap." Talven shifts his gaze to Aahuus and back to D'Tan. "You must abandon Project Aramus at once."

D'Tan's eyes betray his surprise. "How..."

"You must trust me." Talven says, his voice bordering on a plea. "For the sake of all Romulan people."

D'Tan stands in silent contemplation for several moments before looking to Aahuus. "Thank you for bringing him to me. Now if you don't mind, please step outside. I'll take charge of his custody from here."
Aahuus tilts his head, the bandanas shifting slightly. "... Perhaps you would wish to inform the Empire of what Project Aramus is?" he says slowly. "The- we are your ally after all..."

Project Aramus? What coud that be? It must have something to do with the regeneration property of the planet, seeming as Talven was very interested in that. A way to control it? Certainly, if they could find a way, the Republic would be the best fighting force in the galaxy... not to mention immortal, if they could enhance it.

But what of power fluctuations? It means some kind of machine, or even natural formation is down there... perhaps Aahuus could find a way to get there first?
"Change is the only constant in Reality." - Heraclitus.... Ironic, no?
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 362
# 359
07-19-2014, 09:45 PM
As soon as he pressed the button, he could tell he was locked out. Knowing the Tal'Shiar, they were most likely coming to investigate him right now. Quickly, he stuck a data rod into the computer, removing all the data, which was, however, still encrypted. With the encrypted data in hand, Jacob left the room. As he turned the corner, he nearly ran straight into two Romulans. Quickly, he jumped backwards and activated his Cover shield, waiting for them to make the move.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,272
# 360
07-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
Aahuus tilts his head, the bandanas shifting slightly. "... Perhaps you would wish to inform the Empire of what Project Aramus is?" he says slowly. "The- we are your ally after all..."

Project Aramus? What coud that be? It must have something to do with the regeneration property of the planet, seeming as Talven was very interested in that. A way to control it? Certainly, if they could find a way, the Republic would be the best fighting force in the galaxy... not to mention immortal, if they could enhance it.

But what of power fluctuations? It means some kind of machine, or even natural formation is down there... perhaps Aahuus could find a way to get there first?
"No." D'Tan answered, "I do not." He then pressed a button on his console. Immediately four armed Romulan guards entered the room. "Take this one to the holding cells. Isolate him."

"D'Tan, please, listen!" Talven started, but was quieted as the two guards grabbed him by the arms and led him out.

D'Tan sighed, then looked directly at Aahuus. "You will forget any mention of Aramus or the subterranean ruins. You will speak of it to no one and you will not, under any circumstance, attempt to access the ruins yourself. The area is highly unstable and treacherous, limited to specialized research crews only." He then nods to the two remaining guards. "Please escort out guests to the Staging Area. This meeting is over."

The guards look to you and motion to the door.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 AM.