Captain
# 21
07-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post

'Not yet. It's too soon.' Kahlen thought to himself as he watched the Human investigate. He also saw the weapon in his hand. Kahlen assumed he could overpower the man but that would be of little help as he had no idea how to fly a starship, even a trade vessel. No, now was not the time. He dug himself in beneath some cargo and lowered his breathing, becoming perfectly still.
'Hmmm... must have been a rat or something..." Perseus mutters, still looking around. "Well, if it gets hungry, it can eat at the mess hall like everyone else." he adds with a chuckle, fully joking.

He walks out, and makes his way to his room. He was part of the medical staff, when not trading, but it wasn't his shift yet. He decides to grab a quick nap, then check the next destination with the Captain. He relaxes on his bed, then passes out.
"Change is the only constant in Reality." - Heraclitus.... Ironic, no?
Captain
# 22
07-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Kahlen waited until the Human was gone, then settled in more comfortably. He felt the distinct shudder of the ship's antigrav engines and the weight of gravity as they climbed high and higher, until the sudden weightlessness of space blanketed over him. He'd wait a few more hours before attempting to find another hiding spot - preferably when the ship was well beyond the Klingon's borders.
Captain
# 23
07-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Perseus wakes and stretches, then curses in Greek as the soreness flows into his muscles. He used to have his own ship, and his own crew to handle the heavy lifting, and he still isn't used to doing it himself.

He stands and shakes himself out, going through some small stretches to loosen up, then checks the time. He'd slept all through the night, it having only been five or something whne he laid down. He woke up at three.

"Uhhh, skata... that's bad." he groans. His shift in the med bay is from seven a.m. to six, except while in port. In port, everyone was off except a few to keep an eye on things. But when you came back, you were supposed to be back in thirty.

He makes his way to the mess, finding it serving light meals for the night shift. He grabsan apple and some water, finishing both quickly, and moves off to a public console. He checks it, typing in his authurization code, and checks the next destination... Risa. Seems they get a vacation, or supplying them with other things.

Hmm... not much of a trader market in Risa... I wonder... he thinks, then closes the console and heads to the cargo hold.

Since he was one of the other traders here, he was assign ed a quadrant in one of the cargo holds, his being in the secondary. When something went wrong, or Perseus did messed something up, he would go take inventory. Lose himself in the numbers, the weights, prices, and amounts.

It helps him relax, though most of the time he spends is just standing there, not thinking, just listening to the goings on of the ship.

He opens the door and walks in, as the light and crag generators turn on. He quickly makes his way to his quadrant and starts memorizing the inventory. Just standing and staring, quietly...
Captain
# 24
07-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
Perseus wakes and stretches, then curses in Greek as the soreness flows into his muscles. He used to have his own ship, and his own crew to handle the heavy lifting, and he still isn't used to doing it himself.

He stands and shakes himself out, going through some small stretches to loosen up, then checks the time. He'd slept all through the night, it having only been five or something whne he laid down. He woke up at three.

"Uhhh, skata... that's bad." he groans. His shift in the med bay is from seven a.m. to six, except while in port. In port, everyone was off except a few to keep an eye on things. But when you came back, you were supposed to be back in thirty.

He makes his way to the mess, finding it serving light meals for the night shift. He grabsan apple and some water, finishing both quickly, and moves off to a public console. He checks it, typing in his authurization code, and checks the next destination... Risa. Seems they get a vacation, or supplying them with other things.

Hmm... not much of a trader market in Risa... I wonder... he thinks, then closes the console and heads to the cargo hold.

Since he was one of the other traders here, he was assign ed a quadrant in one of the cargo holds, his being in the secondary. When something went wrong, or Perseus did messed something up, he would go take inventory. Lose himself in the numbers, the weights, prices, and amounts.

It helps him relax, though most of the time he spends is just standing there, not thinking, just listening to the goings on of the ship.

He opens the door and walks in, as the light and crag generators turn on. He quickly makes his way to his quadrant and starts memorizing the inventory. Just standing and staring, quietly...

Kahlen awoke to the sound of someone entering the room. When did he fall asleep? How long has it been? He cursed himself under his breath and tried to watch the stranger from cover. 'What is he doing?' Kahlen thought as he watched the man simply stare into nothing for several moments.

Just then Kahlen's stomach growled. He quickly grabbed his midsection to quiet it, hoping the stranger in the room was deaf. He wasn't sure how long it had been since he'd eaten last. He was planning on raiding the galley later... maybe he slept through his opportunity.
Captain
# 25
07-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Kahlen awoke to the sound of someone entering the room. When did he fall asleep? How long has it been? He cursed himself under his breath and tried to watch the stranger from cover. 'What is he doing?' Kahlen thought as he watched the man simply stare into nothing for several moments.

Just then Kahlen's stomach growled. He quickly grabbed his midsection to quiet it, hoping the stranger in the room was deaf. He wasn't sure how long it had been since he'd eaten last. He was planning on raiding the galley later... maybe he slept through his opportunity.
Perseus tenses at the sound of stomach growling. He looks around, trying to find the source.

"Hello? Anyone there?" he says, looking side to side slowly.
Captain
# 26
07-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Perseus tenses at the sound of stomach growling. He looks around, trying to find the source.

"Hello? Anyone there?" he says, looking side to side slowly.
'Hu'tegh!' Kahlen silently muttered. He knew he had only three options left. One, attack the Human. However, he was unarmed and this was not an ideal fight; even if he managed to overcome this man his shipmates would surely be alerted by his absence and begin a detailed search for the stowaway. Two: Remain hidden. Kahlen shook his head at the thought. 'I will not crawl like some coward.' This left the only other option...

Kahlen stood slowly, his hands raised, palms outward. "Please," he said in rough galactic common, "I seek asylum."
Captain
# 27
07-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Quote:
'Hu'tegh!' Kahlen silently muttered. He knew he had only three options left. One, attack the Human. However, he was unarmed and this was not an ideal fight; even if he managed to overcome this man his shipmates would surely be alerted by his absence and begin a detailed search for the stowaway. Two: Remain hidden. Kahlen shook his head at the thought. 'I will not crawl like some coward.' This left the only other option...

Kahlen stood slowly, his hands raised, palms outward. "Please," he said in rough galactic common, "I seek asylum."
Well, this was new. Perseus hadn't expected this, a friend trying to scare him, sure. But a young... human? In Klingon clothes? Hmm, well, his mother always said to try to help people when he can.

Perseus motions to Kahlen, stepping forward. "Come here. Get out of the cargo. It must be cramped in there." he says slowly in Common, detecting Kahlen's unfamilarity with the language.
Captain
# 28
07-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Well, this was new. Perseus hadn't expected this, a friend trying to scare him, sure. But a young... human? In Klingon clothes? Hmm, well, his mother always said to try to help people when he can.

Perseus motions to Kahlen, stepping forward. "Come here. Get out of the cargo. It must be cramped in there." he says slowly in Common, detecting Kahlen's unfamilarity with the language.
Kahlen pauses. Is this a trap? He still had his blade. Perhaps if he could get within striking range.

Kahlen stepped forward slowly, his body tense, like an animal ready to bolt. He swallowed his growing fear and managed to growl. "Where are we now? What sector?"
Captain
# 29
07-19-2014, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Kahlen pauses. Is this a trap? He still had his blade. Perhaps if he could get within striking range.

Kahlen stepped forward slowly, his body tense, like an animal ready to bolt. He swallowed his growing fear and managed to growl. "Where are we now? What sector?"
Perseus thinks, tapping his chin. They had been at Quo'nos, and are headed toward Risa. "Hmm, we should be somewhere in the Hromi sector." he says, the calculations running through his head.

"But anyway, have you eaten yet? I would assume not if your a stowaway..." he asks after, concern clear in his voice.
Captain
# 30
07-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Perseus thinks, tapping his chin. They had been at Quo'nos, and are headed toward Risa. "Hmm, we should be somewhere in the Hromi sector." he says, the calculations running through his head.

"But anyway, have you eaten yet? I would assume not if your a stowaway..." he asks after, concern clear in his voice.
Kahlen narrowed his eyes, still dubious. If this man were Klingon, Kahlen would be dead by now. He knew he was on a trader vessel and, if this man was telling the truth, he figured the ship was capable of at least warp 6 to make such a distance in a relatively short amount of time. Maybe he was safe, after all. From the Klingons, at least.

"I seek asylum." He repeats, hoping he's forming the words correctly. "I want to know, what are your intentions with me? I have stolen nothing. What proof do I have that you will not kill me?"

A moment passes as the two of you stare at one another. Suddenly a blast rocks the ship. Klaxons flash and sirens wail. Familiar with your own ship you can feel that you've just dropped out of warp.

"All hands to their stations." A familiar voice rings out, followed by another blast.

Kahlen crouches behind the cargo, suddenly afraid. He looks to you, a mixture of fear and distrust in his eyes. "Do not let them have me!"