# 23
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
OP: Troll much?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amagonn View Post
yea but they saw the same issues in OB, they should have anticipated much greater numbers for launch.... obviously that was too much commonsense for them to handle.
they dont need to anticipate. they have sales data and have been selling preorders for months. They knew more or less how many to expect and what their projected retail sales would be. its far more likely their code just cant handle a large scale game
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamek View Post
What, did they forget to pinky swear when they said we had head start access if we pre-order?

To say it's "technically not launch" is a lame excuse and completely disingenuous.

Well said! 100% agree. The problems of server crashes and server instability were around weeks ago in open beta, and odds are will continue to be around on launch day and afterwards. To say "it's only prelaunch this doesn't count" is stupid. The problems have persisted and will continue to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasidy

No need to get hostile with me I was just stating a fact. It isn't launch and the three-day head-start is supposed to be a bonus that you get for spending money on a preorder. Launch is February 2nd which is why that is the date listed on every site out there including, undoubtedly, the site where you yourself preordered from. This three-day bonus program may have problems and is smacking of a third beta but we still can afford to get the terminology correct.

No you do not get your Bonuses till Feb 2, so the head start Bonus is all lies, only cake is not a lie!
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 11:34 PM
You don't get your bonuses until Feb. 2nd because that's the date of launch...

Do you think they just pulled a random date out of the air?

Edit: No, I see. You misunderstood what I wrote. I said that head-start is supposed to be a bonus or an extra for spending extra money to preorder the game. That may still be b.s. but that's how they'll probably spin it if they're forced to answer to all of this anger on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasidy
You don't get your bonuses until Feb. 2nd because that's the date of launch...

Do you think they just pulled a random date out of the air?
tell that to the people who got their bonuses all ready its all lies i till ya!
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 11:36 PM
The only people who got their bonuses were lifers who get their liberated Borg's, but it was explicitly stated ages ago that they would get that bonus during headstart unlike everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alshan
This can not be the same team or company who made Champions online.
Reason being Champions went smooth and had maybe 1% of the issues STO is having, Champions betas and game launch were smooth and pretty much bug free and the servers were pretty stable. This excuse for a launch, well no other way to put it then.... IT SUCKS!!!! pure and simple! Game play buggy, server issues, ect. ect.. When you actually get on its not a bad game and I hope it sticks around to enjoy it but the bads far far outweigh the goods so at this point i give cryptic a D- as a grade.
LOL! Most of the current issues are a result of unexpected server load... CO did so well because they had FEWER people at launch than they hoped for (and the exact opposite in STO).

They underestimated the power of the... err... well, you know.