Lt. Commander
I've been getting some major lagging/freezing issues in the Editor since the 9.5 patch came out. So far it seems to happen mostly when I click on the Maps and Character Tabs. It will take 20 to 30 seconds for everything underneath the tabs will show up. Also, if I move an object or change something on a costume, the whole thing freezes for 20 to 30 seconds. I opened up a few of my missions and the problem seems to happen in every one.
Ensign
# 2
07-18-2014, 04:24 AM
I'm having major foundry lag myself :/ Same issue except it takes about 30 seconds to even move a character
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-18-2014, 08:08 AM
I'm observing a 3-4 second delay between select and response. I know we've seen something like this crop up before following an update, but I don't know what fixed it last time.

I should also note, I haven't tried it since last night's emergency patch.

@greendragoon
Lieutenant
# 4
07-18-2014, 10:41 AM
I am having the same issues. Lag with the Maps and Costume tabs. I didn't try the Story or Dialog but I would think they have the same lag. The time caries from 15 to 30 seconds. I also didn't attempt to try and edit the project.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I'm observing a 3-4 second delay between select and response. I know we've seen something like this crop up before following an update, but I don't know what fixed it last time.

I should also note, I haven't tried it since last night's emergency patch.
I tried it right after the patch was finished. It was still doing it.
Captain
# 6
07-18-2014, 02:56 PM
I am not experiencing any of this in the editor. I tested all kinds of tasks from alt tabbing to recostuming, to putting in markers and editing dialogue.

There were no delays for me on an existing mission created prior to 9.5.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
07-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Folks with problems might want to check the PC, Network & Other Technical Issues forum to see if anyone there can help as this doesn't seem to be an issue affecting everyone. That limits what we can do and points to anything from hardware issues on the player's end to connectivity issues with ISPs that might also be involved.
Career Officer
# 8
07-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Folks with problems might want to check the PC, Network & Other Technical Issues forum to see if anyone there can help as this doesn't seem to be an issue affecting everyone. That limits what we can do and points to anything from hardware issues on the player's end to connectivity issues with ISPs that might also be involved.
I'm not sure on that. I just upgraded my internet, there's been no issues with anything else and Im getting 30 MB/s. Plus its EXCLUSIVELY affecting the Foundry for me.

Screw Hydra! Hail Janeway!
Ensign
# 9
07-18-2014, 05:46 PM
I have the same problem. When I try to work on the foundry project I created prior to the update every click causes a 20 to 30 second delay. Editing dialog is very messy this way and doing anything else like placing moving or rotating objects or NPCs is close to impossible.

I did create a new test project, picked a map and placed some objects and everything worked fine without any delays so it's definitely NOT a hardware or connectivity issue on my part. It seems that only the project I started prior to the update is affected by this lags.

I found some old thread that indicates that something similar happened before.

Would it be any help to post the ID of the affected project ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
As best we can tell, it's extremely widespread and exclusive to the STO Foundry editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcaptainquirky View Post
I found some old thread that indicates that something similar happened before.
It did, following the launch of Legacy of Romulus if memory serves. This is very similar to that.

@greendragoon