Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Not to be mean, but try this on a ship with more than one front and rear weapon.
Yeah, its funny when people who just have no clue come in to threads with responses like that

Like I told the other guy.. he's gonna feel like a tool when he hits Tier 2 ships and has to manage 4+ Weapons, 4 Boff's powers, His own powers, AND shield distribution.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
ok, now tell me how to fire 6-8 weapons with that.
Well I set my space bar to my nifty nostomoe game pad .... so I just tap it and all weapons fire....takes the need for me to have more than one front or back gun on auto.... but I guess ya can just get auto-it and write a macro, ( I assume you knew space bar fires everything available) But um,,,,, Uh huh

Leagal disclaimer
( not trying to be condensending, just forum hopping while server is down)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
A Tier 1 Cruiser has:

2 Forward Weapons
1 Aft
Tac boff with 1 power
Eng boff with 1 power
Sci boff with 1 power
+ personal powers

A Tier 5 Cruiser has:

4 Forward Weapons
4 Aft Weapons
Tac boff with 2 powers
Sci boff with 2 powers
Sci boff with 1 power
Eng boff with 4 powers
Eng boff with 3 powers
+ (way more) personal powers

The OP and the others before him who've made the L2P argument with auto-fire will sign a different tune at Tier 4-5.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoval
i agree, I remember every battle Worf, smashing his keyboard when they were fighting, then he would get a cramp and say I cant fire the spacebar is jammed!
lol winner.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Here's a simple solution to Auto-Fire.

1) Get a Joystick.
2) Put a Rubberband around the Trigger.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
Yeah, its funny when people who just have no clue come in to threads with responses like that

Like I told the other guy.. he's gonna feel like a tool when he hits Tier 2 ships and has to manage 4+ Weapons, 4 Boff's powers, His own powers, AND shield distribution.
Dude, been there, done that, and dont have the issues you seem to have, once again, not trying to fluf your feathers there bud.

Seriously, no need to shoot anyone down here, just saying
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Well I set my space bar to my nifty nostomoe game pad .... so I just tap it and all weapons fire....takes the need for me to have more than one front or back gun on auto.... but I guess ya can just get auto-it and write a macro, ( I assume you knew space bar fires everything available) But um,,,,, Uh huh

Leagal disclaimer
( not trying to be condensending, just forum hopping while server is down)
The point being that not everyone owns a macro capable keyboard or has the knowledge to create macros.

Personally I have been using AutoHotKey to macro the weapons firing.. however just because I have a solution does not mean I dont or wont support the need for NATIVE Auto Fire.

Its something the game needs, its a no brainer and the ONLY reason I can think for the devs to not include it is because they had intentions of moving STO to the XBOX 360 and wanted the game to "feel more involved" on the console by having the A Button fire all energy weapons, X fire torpedoes, etc.. Auto Fire on the console would have made the game feel like it plays itself.

However on a PC, NOT having Auto Fire is just wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Maybe people just want the simple choice, but doesn't really matter to me either way....though after playing for hours sometimes an autofire thought temperarily relieves some pain in my hands (arthritis ) but I just keep on going
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Sure options ingame are always great, and should be there, I can agree to that.

Not to be an Arse here, but I would settle for them to learn how to manage a stable server for more up time
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I posted this back in OB to help alleviate the immediate "need" for autofiring, I'm posting it again to help some peeps out.

Go to:

www.autohotkey.com and download Auto Hot Key, Install it, and start it up.

Copy and Paste this script into its default script;

;-------------START COPY--------------
~Capslock::
keywait, Capslock
If GetKeyState("Capslock", "T")
SetTimer, AutoFire, 500
Else
SetTimer, AutoFire, Off
return

AutoFire:
Send {Space}
return
;-------------END COPY--------------

One you have that script in place, right click on the Auto Hot Key icon in your task bar and choose "Reload This Script".

Enter the game and Press your caplock key. You will notice that Capslock is now FLASHING on your keyboard, that means the macro is active and should be pressing the spacebar once every half second, firing ALL your beam weapons for you.

To turn it off, press Capslock again.. and you cease firing.