the day has come! spam that drops spam!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 12
07-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the day has come! spam that drops spam!
I knew that Monty Python reunion would back-fire somehow.
A: I ll have some spam spam spam spam bacon with spam
B: we're out of bacon
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Cool it, bub. This sort of angry vitriole will get you nowhere on our forums.
An yet it did get somewhere, a response from the dev and the specification for the vessels.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
07-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireseeed View Post
An yet it did get somewhere, a response from the dev and the specification for the vessels.
actually, he was just being nice. normally those kind of posts dont get a word. he even admitted it was a slipup that they werent rolled out, but WERE ready., unlike what everyone assumed.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Republic Veteran
# 15
07-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Cool it, bub. This sort of angry vitriole will get you nowhere on our forums.

Very Rare and Ultra Rare versions of the Mobulai Frigates are already made and packaged, and they will be introduced in an upcoming patch. It was merely an oversight that they weren't made available in the applicable stores on launch day.
So a very basic oversight for arguably one of the main highlights of the new lockbox, and you tell me to cool it?

Ok maybe i was laying it on a bit thick, and i apologise for that. However not only did it get a reply that satisfied my query for once, but there wasn't even an apology for the oversight. Unless its somewhere on the forums i haven't seen.

Everyone makes mistakes, i'm cool with that. Maybe next time someone should make a post about it before said vitriol appears. Same could be said for other issues that crop up from time to time. Communication is good.

Regardless of you not liking my original post, it doesn't change the fact that people who payed for that ship, now have to wait for the better pets, when there was no good reason they should not have been available from the launch of the lockbox, or indeed why they can't just be patched in. That is my overall point.
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."

Last edited by caldannach; 07-18-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 16
07-18-2014, 07:03 AM
While I do agree with Borticus that the OP could have worded his post a little better, the OP does have a point here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
Maybe next time someone should make a post about it before said vitriol appears. Same could be said for other issues that crop up from time to time. Communication is good.
A blurb in a Dev blog on in the patch notes or via Twitter or wherever about the Elite versions coming later could have been helpful.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
07-18-2014, 07:18 AM
I wonder if the mines will be the standard pursuit range or will it be enhanced like how the Hot Pursuit Trait increases pursuit range. I use mines on my Sci Torpedo Boat and I don't think they would be feasible without Hot Pursuit. They already will get negated quite a bit by FAW Mobs. But DPB3 can pack a wallop if all the mines hit, even on a science char.
Career Officer
# 18
07-18-2014, 11:33 AM
An oversight they say eh? I guess it was an oversight that their update also crashed the tailor and worst of all, trading. Content release days are always a comical time.

I am siding with the OP on this one, regardless on how it was/wasn't worded in the OP. Something like not releasing the upgraded pets to one of the standout things of 9.5, crashed player trading and the tailor are something that shouldn't be "overlooked". That's just rushed programming, which we are seeing more and more of. "Push it live now, wait for bug reports later", debugging much?

Bort says its packaged and ready (upgraded carrier pets), then how come it wasn't included in the overnight 2 hour patch (10pm-12am PST)?
Cooler Master HAF X | Asus Maximus V Formula ROG | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.8ghz 1.36v | Xigamatek Dark Knight II Night Hawk Edition | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2766Mhz @ 1.71v | 2x Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II in SLi 1307mhz Boost | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Sennheiser HD 650 | FiiO E17 Alpen | Logitech G19s/G600 | 3x Asus 27" LED 1080p

Last edited by dnaangel9; 07-18-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Survivor of Remus
# 19
07-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaangel9 View Post
An oversight they say eh? I guess it was an oversight that their update also crashed the tailor and worst of all, trading. Content release days are always a comical time.

I am siding with the OP on this one, regardless on how it was/wasn't worded in the OP. Something like not releasing the upgraded pets to one of the standout things of 9.5, crashed player trading and the tailor are something that shouldn't be "overlooked". That's just rushed programming, which we are seeing more and more of. "Push it live now, wait for bug reports later", debugging much?

Bort says its packaged and ready (upgraded carrier pets), then how come it wasn't included in the overnight 2 hour patch (10pm-12am PST)?
I can't believe how entitled and ridiculous you and OP sound.
Captain
# 20
07-18-2014, 01:32 PM
They have the potential to become the second frigattes being outdpsed by mere fighters (swarmers).
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...