Captain
# 21
07-18-2014, 09:34 AM
I think the most I earned in 1 day was around 15 million. You can make a lot selling those white doffs on the exchange that you can buy at a fleet starbase if you have lots of credits. It's not a fun job spending hours listing and selling them, but they do sell fast for around 30k.

I'm sure that there are better ways without spending real $$$, but that's the best way I know, if you're wanting to go from 0 ecs to 5 million in a day.
Career Officer
# 22
07-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I think the most I earned in 1 day was around 15 million. You can make a lot selling those white doffs on the exchange that you can buy at a fleet starbase if you have lots of credits. It's not a fun job spending hours listing and selling them, but they do sell fast for around 30k.

I'm sure that there are better ways without spending real $$$, but that's the best way I know, if you're wanting to go from 0 ecs to 5 million in a day.
hmmmm most ive made in a day, not counting the unreplicatable materials craziness two days ago.........prob about 20 or so mil.

DOFFs are a good way, you can also buy uncommon DOFFS priced around 30-50k and grind them down to commons, thats a 90% reliable profit
Admin of VPvP Channel Fair, Fun, Vanilla PvP

Captain
# 23
07-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Think Rule 22 ...
"If you can see the whites of their eyes, then somebody's done something wrong"?
-------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by hfmudd
Quote:
You are special, you are unique, and you are passionate. You are also insignificant. Get used to it.
Career Officer
# 24
07-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
"If you can see the whites of their eyes, then somebody's done something wrong"?
On that list they mean rule number 1.
Captain
# 25
07-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post

Sure, but as you said, people want fast methods to gather EC, selling doffs is a really frustrating method. I used to do that back in the days (yo can do that with fleet doofs packs that are ridiculous cheap and you can sell em on the exchange, for example), and i told myself, wth im doing. I am not in such a hurry to spent 1 hour selling doffs. I just farm contraband, i sell 1 key every day, and i have my 5 million EC every day. So, well, maybe i need 2 months to have a great ammount of EC, so what?? somebody forgot this is an mmorpg? lool.
Captain
# 26
07-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Yeah, selling Doffs is a decent way of making ECs. I have done it from time to time which is why I typically have kept 20 - 25 slots empty. Of course now in Season 9.5 I have much less than that because I got "rewarded" with 18 stupid crafting Doffs that I do not want in my roster. Grrrr....

I typically look for relatively inexpensive blue (150k EC or less) and purple Doffs (550k EC or less) and grind them down. You just need to be aware that when grounded down certain Doffs can be very value and you should not grind then down any further, just list them on the exchange. For example, after grinding a purple Doff, I got 3 blue Doffs (which is standard), however, one of them was a Technician which are valuable. I sold that blue technician for more than the purple Doff cost me so all the other Doffs I got grinding down the other two blue Doffs was pure gravy.

Grinding Doffs is a very laborious task, especially if you are in the Federation because if you are not sure if a blue / green Doffs are worth more selling them intact instead of grinding them down, you must constantly travel back and forth between ESD and the Academy. I know there's an Exchange at the Academy, but it's too damn far away. I found just going back to ESD to be a little less frustrating. The KDF is much less of an annoyance since the Exchange is very close to that KDF Recruiting Officer that allows you to grind down Doffs.

In case you are not aware when you grind Doffs you get 3 lower quality Doffs. So 1 purple gives you 3 blues. 1 blue gives you 3 greens. 1 green gives you 3 whites. Therefore, 1 purple Doff can give you 27 white Doffs assuming you do not get any valuable blue / green Doffs.

So assuming I buy a purple Doff for 550k EC and grind it all the way down to 27 Doffs. That means to break even each white Doff must sell for an average price of 20,370 EC. Generally pretty easy to do unless you get a lot of worthless white civilian Doffs, For example. one time I got 4 entertainers and 3 advisers when I ground down a purple doff. I had to list them on the Exchange for round 13,000 to 16,000 ECs each 'cuz there were simply too many of them listed on the Exchange.
Captain
# 27
07-18-2014, 11:58 AM
While I can't say how much a day can be earned, but these steps do work well:

Doffing - the freebies from the academy, those generated by assignments and even doffs purchased with your fleet credits can be an excellent source. Others have touched on how you can grind them up or down if they are bound to your account.

In my case I maxed the rosters on 3 toons (300) and turn them in quarterly. On average it generates in excess of 50 million. Prices change regularly, so take your time and check each price before posting. What was worth 50K yesterday may be worth 350K today.

The Great Dilithium Continuum - Simply put: dil > zen > keys > ec. Each toon can refine 8K daily, with full fleet facilities another 1K. between dailies and STF's it's not that hard to generate.

Converting Contraband to Dilithium is very cost effective, and well worth having KDF toons to help with the accumulation of wealth. Also - buying contraband for ec to convert to dil>keys and back to ec is very profitable. The ec cost for contraband is lower than the value of a key. All it does is take effort.

The Flotsam of Great Dilithium Continuum - While you grind, you generate gear and crafting materials (elites). Some missions generate generate better gear than others. An average day's take while generating 8k dil form grinding works up to 200K from drops alone.

Occasionally you luck out and get a VR weapon or console. Cha-ching.

Knowing When to Act - wait for the dilithium weekend to convert your marks and special items (bnp, chips etc). You'll get 20% more.

Wait for key sales to buy keys. You'll Get 20% more.

Play the Bonus Mark weekends. You get ... you get the idea.

Farm Baby Farm - run the farming mission in the foundry. Easy 500K+ per toon per run.

Play the Exchange Game - flip low priced items, resell underpriced for scrap, sell batteries to noobies. Series exchange monkeys can make millions.

There isn't a perfect formula for this. But a smattering from each of these concepts and others work very well to generate serious coin.

Just as in real life people get rich by effort - not luck or formulas. Except for a few people who leveraged bad economic planning, generated a global financial collapse, and then profited from the bailout process. These people are geniuses.

Last edited by ddesjardins; 07-18-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Captain
# 28
07-18-2014, 12:56 PM
I will just say that excluding the Risa Summer Event, I do not go out of my way to generate ECs in this game. I primarily focus on having fun and grinding dilithium that I will need for rep gear as well as buying things from the C-Store like more Doff slots.

I haven't done the contraband -> dilithium -> Zen -> Key -> EC loop yet.

Regarding the above loop, I have read the Dev Blog for Neverwinter that Cryptic has decided to make Enchanted Key (Master Keys for STO) bound to player's account when purchased from the cash store or when buying them from their version of the Exchange. Cryptic cited shady 3rd party re-sellers as the reason why they made the policy change. Should Cryptic decide to implement the same change in STO, then the "Great Loop" will be broken.
Captain
# 29
07-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
Regarding the above loop, I have read the Dev Blog for Neverwinter that Cryptic has decided to make Enchanted Key (Master Keys for STO) bound to player's account when purchased from the cash store or when buying them from their version of the Exchange. Cryptic cited shady 3rd party re-sellers as the reason why they made the policy change. Should Cryptic decide to implement the same change in STO, then the "Great Loop" will be broken.

To be perfectly honest, I don't sell keys either. Doffing provides most of my ec needs.

As for changing the ownership on keys, I don't see that happening - but hey, who knows.
Captain
# 30
07-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
I will just say that excluding the Risa Summer Event, I do not go out of my way to generate ECs in this game. I primarily focus on having fun and grinding dilithium that I will need for rep gear as well as buying things from the C-Store like more Doff slots.

I haven't done the contraband -> dilithium -> Zen -> Key -> EC loop yet.

NWN use a single resource as currency. It would be like using dil for everything on STO, including exchange.
It's easy to abuse. For example, you can trade the dil equivalent between account, just as simply as posting an item in the exchange. You simply can't on STO. Sure you can trade contraband, but it's a lot less efficient.