Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTOLcm View Post
Do you want one? Or do you want to troll?

I'd rather have the servers offline now, than on launch-day. JUST SAYIN BRAH
Agreed! Even though it is an inconvenience. Oh and I would be surprised if they have problems on Launch day as well... That's how some of these things go!

What I do not appreciate is the lack of communication on Cryptic's part. They should know this might happen. And there should be staff on hand to deal with it and communicate with their customers too.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Drake
either you are trying to troll or you have the brain IQ that matches my shoe size. Either way, explaining to you is a waste of breath.
Regardless how low his I.Q. could possibly be, no one has shoe size that big
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Drake
either you are trying to troll or you have the brain IQ that matches my shoe size. Either way, explaining to you is a waste of breath.
4/10
Typical annoyed fanboi's answer. Miss the "go back 2 wow" one liner though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Dear Starblazer,

Your avatar says "Enginnering Division"
This makes me giggle.
lol

also
this
needed
another
thread
thanks
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Honestly we don't need one. Anyone who doesn't foresee these kind of problems is very ignorant of the complexity of the technologies involved, how those technology interact, and how unpredictable elements can reveal themselves under ever-increasing loads.

Do you have any idea how many rockets NASA shot off before they got them working just right? Rooms full of the world's smartest people and - *gasp* - they couldn't predict everything and get things correct right out the door.
Same old excuse, are we going to be saying the same thing in 50 years time too...

Cryptic should have enough experience developing and launching MMO's now that these kind of issues can be identified and fixed quickly, whilst also communicating with its player base.

Turbine are the perfect example of a company who's MMO launches are close to perfect... I don't remember LOTRO having any huge issues at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
So what the excuse now?
Umm, they run on M$ servers?
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Honestly we don't need one. Anyone who doesn't foresee these kind of problems is very ignorant of the complexity of the technologies involved, how those technology interact, and how unpredictable elements can reveal themselves under ever-increasing loads.

Do you have any idea how many rockets NASA shot off before they got them working just right? Rooms full of the world's smartest people and - *gasp* - they couldn't predict everything and get things correct right out the door.

You're my new God. I love you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
*bump* dammit, *bump*
I can't give the thread any more captain, or she'll blow!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:14 AM
*bump* dammit, *bump*
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
LOL! Bad news. This isn't exactly Rocket Science.

You're comparing something that had been done before by nobody to something already done by several companies, including the very same company just 6 months previous. Uhh... why?