Captain
# 981
07-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaurianalpha View Post
Maybe I missed something, but it looks like we can use the same DOffs for crafting as we use for any other DOff mission? I just put the entire holoDOff crate into storage (didn't have room in my roster), and probably will never use it.

The graphics for the materials are pretty, but the entire DOff GUI is now awkward & disjointed. True, a player can now click a single button to staff the project, but changing the DOff assignments from the default is cumbersome. I would rather have the old GUI back again, albeit with the new grahics elements.

It's also annoying that when converting the old materials to new, they go into the R&D storage, but mission drops go into general inventory instead. Then, the only way to get them into R&D is to visit a bank console, transfer them to bank from inventory, then back to R&D. There is no reason materials should not go directly into R&D, irrespective of the source.

I agree with others' opinion that crafting has been turned into another reputation system to grind out, only with lower-quality rewards...
Partly correct but you get some R&D doffs as well which are pratically useless and I would rather not use doffs for crafting I am damn sure not doing this on more than one character and I may not even do it all on that as crafting I believe wss better before the revamp
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 982
07-18-2014, 11:20 AM
Ok, maybe it's a stupid question, but why not let us choose which UI we want to have?

Why not keep the old UI and let us choose which one we want to use via game Options?

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Career Officer
# 983
07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Ok, maybe it's a stupid question, but why not let us choose which UI we want to have?

Why not keep the old UI and let us choose which one we want to use via game Options?
Because they don't want to have to support two UIs for the same function (which makes sense.) What doesn't make sense though is designing a new UI that has WAY LESS functionality and makes less info easily available to a player using it, the the UI it's replacing.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 984 just another company
07-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Pulling a Sony specifically SoE. Well every other game that has pulled this has either flatlined or is on llifesupport. My guess is that a small, but vocal, # of people complained on the boards and the rest of us didn't notice because we were too busy playing the game..... Companies need to llearn to ook at the # of complaints compared to the entire, active, population. Assuming that no complaint from active players means it's at least ok for them.....
Lt. Commander
# 985
07-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Well, thank you for the neat title for having maxed out the previous crafting.

I feel you missed an opportunity here. I think the title should have been called "Super Genius".

Because then I'd totally drop the Zen on a Captain Rename Token, and my Eng would forever more be Wile E. Coyote.
Captain
# 986
07-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trelane87 View Post
Actually you can donate him:

http://i.imgur.com/nIEGoNE.png

I know too much about doffs
hehm horrible, I accidentally deleted him making room for the 20 useless ones in the box.. wish they'd have made him other than common... anything to denote him from the masses.. PWE hating me some more.. as well as all of us.. why dont they like our money enough?

my join date was 02/03/2010 Kintisho 5,667,083(19,081)-ISA-
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRATXezr_Tg
Ensign
# 987
07-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Could you explain how one goes about converting the old material into the new, please?
Rihannsu
# 988
07-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mmandersam View Post
Could you explain how one goes about converting the old material into the new, please?
Right Click > use

But this menu option only appears when you right click on a mat in your inventory. It will however allow you to convert what's in your bank as well as your inventory.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
Think that players that have access to T5 fleet equipment will be completely uninterested in these crafted items given their inferior stats.

However, if you extend the crafting system so that players that are level 15 crafting and have access to T5 starbases can fly to the manufacturing facility in their starbase system, land, and use facilities there to craft Fleet versions of these Mk XII items that has the same or better stats as Fleet items, then players would be interested.

Short of that, I think this crafting system is going to die from lack of interest.
Captain
# 990
07-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestral View Post
Think that players that have access to T5 fleet equipment will be completely uninterested in these crafted items given their inferior stats.
When a 1:1 comparison is possible. Then again lock box weapons are also inferior and there's demonstrable interest in those and they don't even have the Arc proc.

Just give it some time. You might not see something you want now but its not a system designed around instant gratification.