Lt. Commander
# 1 Kahless Expanse Missions
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Seeing as Kahless Expanse is the klink's only way to get medals of exploration for T1 and T2 I have spent a good bit of time there doing the repeatable mission. This is more of a suggestion that hopefully the Devs will see.

The mission has us having to destroy 10 squadrons of fed ships 3 times, the only annoying part of this in my opinion is the 6 min wait after you destroy 10 sqaudrons. Of course during that time the npcs are respawning and will attack you. This leads to either 6 mins of you sitting around and waiting, or goofing around some other way.

My suggestion to this would be to just switch up the mission so that it has you defeat 30 squadrons, or either remove that 6 minute wait timer. To be honest I do not understand what the 6 min timer is even for.

This of course is just my opinion and I hope that some Dev will see it, it won't really help me that much as I'm sure I'll be in T3 or above before/if they do anything about it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistu
Seeing as Kahless Expanse is the klink's only way to get medals of exploration for T1 and T2 I have spent a good bit of time there doing the repeatable mission. This is more of a suggestion that hopefully the Devs will see.

The mission has us having to destroy 10 squadrons of fed ships 3 times, the only annoying part of this in my opinion is the 6 min wait after you destroy 10 sqaudrons. Of course during that time the npcs are respawning and will attack you. This leads to either 6 mins of you sitting around and waiting, or goofing around some other way.

My suggestion to this would be to just switch up the mission so that it has you defeat 30 squadrons, or either remove that 6 minute wait timer. To be honest I do not understand what the 6 min timer is even for.

This of course is just my opinion and I hope that some Dev will see it, it won't really help me that much as I'm sure I'll be in T3 or above before/if they do anything about it.
The 6 minute timer was put in when you only had to do the quest once to get XP, to keep people from speed levelling. Then they reduced the XP and made us do it 3 times instead of 1 while keeping the timer for some reason.

Honestly the Klingon PVE seems to be an afterthought, and is completely broken. It takes twice as long to get XP as a Klingon, of not more, through our PVE compared to Feds. PVP seems to have an xp nerf too and is taking forever since I don't have any completed PVP quests either. *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah I noticed that the PVP xp really seems to have been nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes, I understand the reasoning now that you say for the 6 min timer, I never really messed with Kahless Expanse in CB or OB. Of course I am well aware of the lack of PvE, and honestly it doesn't bother me all that much as I know that they are bringing it out in time because we the players requested they do. I'm just hoping that perhaps they will look at this also more so for the "newer" klings than for say me or you or anyone else that will be out of that teir.

Thanks for the info and your participation in the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Yes, I understand the reasoning now that you say for the 6 min timer, I never really messed with Kahless Expanse in CB or OB. Of course I am well aware of the lack of PvE, and honestly it doesn't bother me all that much as I know that they are bringing it out in time because we the players requested they do. I'm just hoping that perhaps they will look at this also more so for the "newer" klings than for say me or you or anyone else that will be out of that teir.

Thanks for the info and your participation in the thread.
No problem. I'd also be fine with the current PVE if I felt it was working properly. I'm beginning to wonder if they fixed the nebulas yet too, since they carry you on from T2-T5 pve wise. Maybe T3 I forget.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Honestly, I don't know about T3 and our "PvE" content. I do know that Kahless "locks" you out once you hit T3 or lvl 21 whichever you prefer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Honestly, I don't know about T3 and our "PvE" content. I do know that Kahless "locks" you out once you hit T3 or lvl 21 whichever you prefer.
Azure Nebula is the next PvE grind for badges after Kahless, but as of the end of OB there was no associated quest being given with which to earn badges.

Lets not even talk about our STILL broken Kit vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:42 PM
I cant' even bring myself to grind kahless anymore, its just so boring and so repetitive.. arghhhh. Sadly, ground pvp is the same way now. 40 kills? lolno. Space combat is serviceable but cracked planet is going to get old the 500th time in a row. Those klingon star clusters can't get here soon enough.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:

BEST

IDEA

EVAR~

This makes much more sense to me. Kill 30 squadrons as a single quest, then a 5-6 min wait timer until you can do the quest again as opposed to 3x10 with a 6 min gap in between each round.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:14 AM
For those interested I did the following test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
T2 a little experiment:

I decided to time the mission and gauge the rewards. While I consider myself average in skill I'm knowledgable enough to know certain things which may give me a slightly faster time than most noobs, but by no means do I think my "prowess" is too far off what it would take most players to complete the mission. I did not kill any ships during the 6 minute cool down, I wanted a base line number. I attacked the closest squadron of ships and only avoided the Runabout squads when I couldn't attack them head on to utilize the speed of my cannons (It was fun to see if I could kill them all before the 15 minute rapid fire ran out).

One completion of the Kahless mission (kill 10 squadrons x 3) took 38:23. At the end I had earned the following:

Skill points - 418
BO skill points - 216
Honor -207
Medals - 75
Credits - 9,536

I'd be interested in similar numbers from someone playing and queuing for PvP for roughly 40 minutes.