Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store questions
01-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I am very interested to find out what type of items will be offered for purchase in the C-Store. mostly want to know if i would be able to get items like the ones i didn't recieve from my copy of the game. I.E. shuttle craft, uniforms , ships, borg Bo?

I would like to get all the unique items but don't see buying the game 6 times from different companies just to get all the goodies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I was just wondering this myself. I don't know what kind of timeline they plan for unveiling items but maybe a taste of whats to come would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Just wait 2 more days and the store will go live.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
Just wait 2 more days and the store will go live.
only problem with that is i really want to get the Borg bridge officer, in two days it would be to late to find out if i can get it in the C-Store. I jusr really don't want to purchase the game again but i would if i REALLY had too.

with the life - time sub this has got to be THE most expensive game ive purchased so far.

I like D2D with its option to download your software as many times as you need it, only they have got to have the worst Pre-order perks ever offered in any game. STO is the 6th game ive purchased so far where D2D had the least favorable items.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:19 PM
seeing as this post hit page three in less then a minute i'm going to give it a "bump" in hopes someone who knows will see it
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
One thing i know for sure is changing the name of your BO's so choose wisely the first time lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Orcutt
I am very interested to find out what type of items will be offered for purchase in the C-Store. mostly want to know if i would be able to get items like the ones i didn't recieve from my copy of the game. I.E. shuttle craft, uniforms , ships, borg Bo?

I would like to get all the unique items but don't see buying the game 6 times from different companies just to get all the goodies.
It's doubtful you'll see the pre-order stuff for quite a while. There still aren't any pre-order Champions items in the Cstore. Pre-order items for City of Heroes didn't become available to the general public for 3 years though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

It is doubtful Collector's Edition and Digital Delux Edition stuff will be put in the Cstore. A Cryptic dev stated that those items would not be put in the store for Champions. No Collector's Edition items have been available to everyone in City of Heroes, and that's after 5+ years. I'm guessing they'll follow that pattern..

Lifetime bonuses will most likely never be put in the Cstore.
Cryptic will let people have their exclusives.

The CStore will likely carry other uniform variations, new racial textures and parts, character slots, retcons, possibly even special kits and other kinds of pets.

Look what they have in there for Champions Online now. Stuff for STO will be about the same.

Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately I doubt the unique items will hit the C-Store soon after launch. Items that came with special editions of the game on there might make those people upset. Wish TOS uniforms weren't digital deluxe edition lol. Could be wrong (Hope I am )
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
C'mon guys, this has been answered in the pre-order FAQ:

Quote:
Q: Will the exclusives be offered as a microtransaction?

A: Not at launch, but somewhere down the road we may offer to let people purchases these if they did not pre-order.
But as Blackavaar mentioned, it'll be a while if they actually do end up doing it at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Ok , thanks for the answers guys. Helped me make up my mind as to what i should do. only problem is THE only company thats offering what i want is Ebgames australia. Just another reason why i would like to live there lol Plus i just can"t justify spending another 70 bucks or so for an item with limited use - just wanted it for the collection .