# 51
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh yeah, She's up!
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggie View Post
Cryptic can't tell us why the server is down, or that its being worked on (I'm sure it is... I hope)...
So... Why do you think the server is down?

I'm guessing the servers are on fire because they have been running at 100% since they came up.

(Why do you think the server is down?)
If they told us why the servers were down, they would probably have some liability issues in terms of actually refunding people for the downtime. I mean its unacceptable at this rate. I love the game, and I can't even play it.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrofton View Post
I remember the start of several games that were much worse than this one for sure.. WW2online
Soooo true.

Us: So, how do you bail out of a shot-down plane?
Devs: You don't.

Lt. Commander
# 54
01-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatovive View Post
Watching the issues as we went from closed to open beta. Now with the "head start." Oh man, i'm getting a bad feeling about the server loads and what not on Tuesday. I think I need to take at least a week off. It's gonna get real frustrating next week.
no way.. i want a live webcam feed of the servers (hooked up with other computers, and website, and even internet connection). so that way when the floodgates fully open i can watch the servers burst into flame... it will be so grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibe250
Server is down because they want us to live our lives with our family insteed playing MMOs. Good guys
i actually played a f2p mmo that once every 14 hours kicked you off 4 hours and would not let you log back in, and to eat/sleep/spend time with others was the reason.

on another note.. it would be cool to have updates. but you never know.. it is sunday morning.. maybe the person(s) who would actually do the post have the day off, and monkey boy they left to watch the servers is not allowed to post.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
If they told us why the servers were down, they would probably have some liability issues in terms of actually refunding people for the downtime. I mean its unacceptable at this rate. I love the game, and I can't even play it.
Hardly...

World of ******** (not as much anymore, I've noticed) used to have a LOT of problems with servers going down. They weren't about to give refunds, and neither will Cryptic. To think that telling us what's going on will somehow obligate them to do that is wishful thinking.

That being said, Cryptic, this is for you:

I don't care if the server is going to be down for six hours due to an emergency hardware refit... What I think is unacceptable is the lack of communication on your part when something untoward is going on. When I log into a ******** server, I get a message from Blizzard on the login screen telling me what's going on, what they're doing to fix it, and roughly how long they THINK it will take. Sometimes these time estimates are dead-on. Sometimes they have to come back and update the message telling me it's gonna be an extra hour.

Now, with YOUR game I'm having to try to log in, wait to see if I can, and if I can't go on a personal quest to find out why. The 'Server Up' green light can't always be trusted, apparently (as it was green with this last outtage), and the little flag at the top of the website isn't much better (says it's up when client says it's down).

I don't feel I have a right to complain, or threaten to sue, or anything like that over downtime. What I DO feel I deserve as a customer and a fan is to be kept informed as to any issues or problems currently being addressed. I noticed some 'server down' messages from Cryptic on the login client during Beta... But yesterday and today the servers went down and I had to spend 30-45 mins hunting down a reason to make sure it wasn't a problem on MY end. On the login client window, a simple "Dear Customer, we're aware of the problems you're having logging in and we're working on it right now." would go a long, long, long, long way.

I don't care if the server goes down, I work from home on a remote server login and sometimes these things happen.

JUST TELL A HOMIE!

Thanks.