Lt. Commander
# 321
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
HAHA this is just their way of making sure we don't get to the last tier of ships before it goes live on the 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 322
01-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VashST View Post
HAHA this is just their way of making sure we don't get to the last tier of ships before it goes live on the 2nd.
That's cause there is currently NO ships for the last tier.. that comes out after beta is over.

Wait.. this is headstart not beta.. my bad
Lt. Commander
# 323
01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VashST View Post
QFT

Lt. Commander
# 324
01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
servers are online xD
Lt. Commander
# 325
01-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypricon View Post
Not maintenance.. but crashed... Maintenance will commence 5 minutes after they get the servers back up
Either way, no STO for me right now; and since I'm moving to a different town soon this is probably all the play-time I'll be able to manage until the end of the month. The fact that the servers are down when this is the only time I've had available to play today is really aggravating.
Lt. Commander
# 326
01-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusender View Post
the funniest thing will be that restart server at 2:55am pst. 5 min after they put server down for schedule maintenance... the bad thing i see it in a couple of MMO...

Given the amount of time the servers have been down for I think they would apply the patch now. It makes sense because then it's less work for them later.
Lt. Commander
# 327
01-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3llin4tor View Post
Yes but how many times does this have to occur? Shouldnt it have been addressed during the beta. We all payed good money for this and right now we are not getting what we payed for. If something like COD modern warfare on xbox or hardcopy came down this often would anyone return it? Yes. Problem is with this direct to drive and steam nonsense it is virtually impossible to say look I want my money back. Cryptic needed to address these issues before they released yet another half assed attempt at an mmo.

At this rate many people are getting fed up and angry, the lack of communication is appauling, Why dont they let us know whats going on, give us an eta etc.

As far as Im concerned defending cryptic is not an option. Its as if the servers were taken straight out of the box, no stress testing etc. This is what unfortunately is the downfull of many games lately game designers are getting lazy.
I am not trying to defend Cryptic or anyone else involved in the creation of this game. But here is how I see it. The problems that are causing these crashes may not have shown up in beta. Some crashes during beta were solved. I truly believe that these are different problems.

I have purchased a one year subscription to the game. That is all the money I am out so far. I have yet to pay for the game itself and as far as I know...noone has actually been charged any money. The money will be taken when the game is released which is Feb 2nd......my 1 year subscription actually wont even start until 30 days AFTER Feb 2nd.

Saying many people are getting fed up and angry is really an assumption on your part. There probably are a few people that are getting angry, but I wouldnt say its many people.

We have no way to know how cryptic is putting their servers online. We can only speculate and to be honest, your opinion of how its happening is really just that....your opinion.

The downfal of ALL software is that it goes to market LONG before it should. If you dont believe it, then I guess you have never heard of Microsoft.

BTW Modern Warfare 2 was put out on PS3 and for a month people couldnt play online because of problems with Playstations Servers.

Sorry for the long post....but I had to.
Lt. Commander
# 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadi1983 View Post
servers are online xD
YOU LIE!

You would have made me look, but I know better.
Lt. Commander
# 329
Quote:
Given the amount of time the servers have been down for I think they would apply the patch now. It makes sense because then it's less work for them later.
One can only hope they do that.
Lt. Commander
# 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypricon View Post
I guess we know that the Devs are not smarter than a 5th grader huh.. cause even a 5th grader knows that Star Trek is bigger than ANYTHING!

Sheesh!

/sarcasm
That may be so, but the size of a game should not hinder its performance, Beta testing should have continued. Servers should have been overkill, not on the brink of crashing all the time. If the developers invested more time into testing constant crashing like this would not occur.