Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
A lot of Joined Trill seem to have picked Trill and mistaken it for the preorder... A lot of deleted characters are coming.
>> I look forward to being one of the few non-Joined Trill still in existance, then.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 09:01 PM
A mod posted the other day and stated that JOINED Trill is an ITEM not a race.... Which makes sense based on the symbiotic lore of the trill.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsvaox
A mod posted the other day and stated that JOINED Trill is an ITEM not a race.... Which makes sense based on the symbiotic lore of the trill.
Did you read the Preorder FAQ???
Quote:
Q: Can I "install" my exclusive Trill symbiote after I create a different character?

A: No. Trill is a species option players can choose during character creation, not a symbiote they can implant into an existing character after character creation.
Please read the Preorder FAQ located here... http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
It is well documented in the pre-order FAQ that the Joined Trill is the only perk that is not retroactive. Knowing I am going to have more than one character in the future anyway, I started a liberated Borg Tac and a Human Eng during head start. I can wait for my Joined Trill doctor until 2/2 so head start is not a waste.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Considering the whole "Joined" trait is extra skill points, afaik, i will not be remaking my existing trill character

expecially now there is a skill point cap
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:23 AM
I plan to make a joined trill engineer, but honestly waiting until Tues is hardly a huge deal. I'm having a good time playing my vulcan science toon and borg tactical one. Remember the impacts of the joined trill will start to fade a bit as you level further and further. No company makes one race you select at start overpowering. The Borg you get for lifetimes subs are not and the joined trill won't be either.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraq View Post
Considering the whole "Joined" trait is extra skill points, afaik, i will not be remaking my existing trill character

expecially now there is a skill point cap
The skill point cap is on the number of skill points you EARN I think. The extra skill points you get from Joined Trill or Walmart presale I think would be on top of anything you earn.