Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I was watching TOS before launch on friday.

Here is an approx dialogue from Arena:

Kirk: Full Power to Phasers. Lock all banks on target. SET TO FULL COMPUTER CONTROL for firing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Give is autofire for energy weapons. Please.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
I was watching TOS before launch on friday.

Here is an approx dialogue from Arena:

Kirk: Full Power to Phasers. Lock all banks on target. SET TO FULL COMPUTER CONTROL for firing.
Amazing how much technology the Federation has lost in 100 years.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanarix View Post
You can just start moving the ship yourself to cancel autopilot...
Really? will try that, TY. I remapped the space turn/pitch controls to numpad and never use them (steer with mouse completely in space).
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey Devs I /Agree Need auto fire. Let me focus on specials, power, and flight. Unless you want this to be a stand and slash like WOW. If so were is my Phasers of the Whale?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
The game is engaging the way it is right now without auto fire. If you implement auto fire back in the game, it takes the engaging aspect away. Also, it will force the people,who doesn't like auto fire, to enable it to keep up with everybody in DPS as auto fire is OP(over powered).

AUTO FIRE must not be implemented back to the game. The Dev Team took this out and I'm sure their reasons behind it are more convincing than mine.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinroh89 View Post
The game is engaging the way it is right now without auto fire. If you implement auto fire back in the game, it takes the engaging aspect away. Also, it will force the people,who doesn't like auto fire, to enable it to keep up with everybody in DPS as auto fire is OP(over powered).

AUTO FIRE must not be implemented back to the game. The Dev Team took this out and I'm sure their reasons behind it are more convincing than mine.
Um, hate to tell you but Auto-Fire IS in game (space at least). If you don't use it and like it, great for you. Most of us here don't like tapping a single key repeatedly and would prefer a toggle or just to hold said key down.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:30 AM
there is an auto-fire option in space but only 1 fore and 1 aft weapon can be set to auto just right click on the weapons you want