Lt. Commander
# 51
01-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamol
Hey ShadowKain666 why don't you do us all a favor and go kill yourself you whiney little douche.
I'll get right on that Gargamol, any specific procedure you'd like me to go through? Any details you'd like to add?

I mean, I don't know if I'll be able to do this all by my lonesome.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamol
Hey ShadowKain666 why don't you do us all a favor and go kill yourself you whiney little douche.
Oh hush, the adults are talking here.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
Well, Cryptic has Champions Online, but these people who work on STO they are completely different group. So just consider this as a first time MMO release for this Cryptic group. They have no experience with MMOs and especially with networking side of them. It looks like their account server is running out of licenses or something. I have a feeling that these guys in STO-Cryptic studio have no idea what they are doing.

I think most of our problems are related to the account/login server. A lot of problems are related to the changing zones. So I guess when you leave one instance and another instance is loading our accounts need to re-authenticate with the login server since every instance I'd assume is a virtual server. I guess thats why they can't fix this so easily by just plugging in some more RAM. It seems to be related to the authentication with the database where all our accounts are. it just feels like all the issues we are having are related to this...

Or maybe its just my buttcheaks are talking... Anyway, I am going to sleep.
I'm not sure who is Working as Dev's on this as I never bothered to Find out and only heard from friends who Play another MMO that Cryptic Started with NC Soft way back in 2004. You know, City of Heroes. I'm sure some of the City of Heroes team worked on this STO release after NC Soft bought out Cryptic's rights to the IP on City of Heroes. Cryptic HAS experience with MMOs. I'm sure the company would not have put some one in charge with next to no experience on MMOs.

I expected bugs and Cleared 5 days off of work giving me from Friday to Tuesday for game time. What I did not expect was the 6 hours of Load screen hell, 4.5 hours of unexpected down time, 4 hours of sudden drops and logging in trying to Load characters and what ever this down time will be. I'm guessing a few hours too. Your looking at 14.5+ hours I have wanted to play but could not due to Some game glitches. The game has been out for 38 hours, give or take. Factor in say 7 hours a night for sleep thats 28.5 hours accounted for leaving me under 9.5 hours I have been able to PLAY the game. I'm frustrated, I know they are trying to fix the problem but don't yell at me for voicing my frustrations as I have paid my $300+ for my Collector Preorder + Lifetime Subscription. Do I think this game will Flop, No. Why? Because there are too many Life long Trekkies out there To keep the game going. If Cryptic can't do it I'm sure another company will buy the rights to the game and run it like NC Soft did with City of Heroes.