Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Just curious how many other people have decided to not but the lifetime subscription bc of their experience in head start. It would be a nice deal, and I'd love to play a liberated borg, but I'm not shelling out $250 on something this iffy. Even if the "bonus" offer ends after launch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, I bought a lifetime sub, most MMOs start out with lotsa bugs and gameplay issues and balance problems... you just have to wait it out and let them fix the problems. To me it's worth it because the lifetime sub saves so much money in the longterm. No MMO comes out perfect, but a good MMO gets fixed and tweaked pretty quickly or atleast in a reasonable amount of time. If they don't fix thier problems then they can go under or just become a ghost game real quick so they loose too much money and so they should make things better to help themselves profit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Yeah...I'll show them, I'll wait until they fix their problems and then pay more and not get any bonuses...

The lifetime sub is always going to be a leap of faith, no matter when you decide to buy it. You're gambling that the game is going to last a certain amount of time. If it does, then you win and you're playing for free, if it doesn't, then you ended up paying more per month than the person who didn't get the lifetime.

While it is a factor, You shouldn't make the decision solely based on the state of the game at this moment. If I hadn't purchased the lifetime sub already, I would still probably do it, even under the current conditions. I'm a big fan of the IP, I've enjoyed what I've played so far, and I can afford it. We'll see if that gamble pays off.