Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 12:24 AM
I always feel like I'm cheating using a macro keyboard, but I've not been able to play much, and I'm still already just barely resisting the urge to macro this crap.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Its simple these elitist thugs demand everyone hae professional gamer reflexes or top of the line gear to make macros easy to use, I'd really love for them to have a game of thier own so we mortals can have fun without a vocal whinning vindictive minority forcing thier terms on all of us. I wish more casual gamers posted here to tell these people to shove it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarus View Post
Its simple these elitist thugs demand everyone hae professional gamer reflexes or top of the line gear to make macros easy to use, I'd really love for them to have a game of thier own so we mortals can have fun without a vocal whinning vindictive minority forcing thier terms on all of us. I wish more casual gamers posted here to tell these people to shove it.
WHo...? ok never mind...not sure I would like what class you would put me in
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peil
This topic is all I heard today in general chat. All these people wanting autofire. I mean how lazy can you get? Do you want to just push a single button and your ship do everything? How about an autoplay feature, that way you dont even have to touch the keyboard.

This game would be so much more boring with autofire. You want star trek to be more real but then you dont want to play like its real. Imagine if the TV show had Worf at Tactical and just a big red easy button on his console so he just presses it once and the ship keeps shooting the bad guys while nobody needs to go repair shields or any other damage as that one button does everything. That show wouldnt last long. Stop crying just because you guys suck at playing without the autofire feature. Learn to play without it, the game is more realistic that way.
Maybe you dont mind getting caral tunnel but some of us do. the non stop button mashing hurts. I already have arthritis in my hands dont need carpal tunnel either. Also all i see is nonstop whining from people like you who dont seem to care what others want, need or, feel. if autofire was put in as selectable on all weapons then you could choose not to use it which is your choice. So why not be considerate and let others voice their legitimate concerns about their needs and or wants for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peil
This topic is all I heard today in general chat. All these people wanting autofire. I mean how lazy can you get? Do you want to just push a single button and your ship do everything? How about an autoplay feature, that way you dont even have to touch the keyboard.

This game would be so much more boring with autofire. You want star trek to be more real but then you dont want to play like its real. Imagine if the TV show had Worf at Tactical and just a big red easy button on his console so he just presses it once and the ship keeps shooting the bad guys while nobody needs to go repair shields or any other damage as that one button does everything. That show wouldnt last long. Stop crying just because you guys suck at playing without the autofire feature. Learn to play without it, the game is more realistic that way.
Explain how pressing spacebar is fun. Unless you believe that the physical act of spacebar mashing is and should be part of the 'challenge', there is no argument.

No one is demanding any aspect of gameplay be removed. The fun from combat in this game derives from tactics - not mashing a button. Toggling a weapon on/off instead of pressing fire constantly in no way changes this.

Autofire (in the form being requested) removes a mindless, tedious task. No one is asking for a button to play the game for them.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 01:36 AM
As per requested, information on how to mod this macro to add more timers for different abilities:

;-------------START COPY--------------
~Capslock::
keywait, Capslock
If GetKeyState("Capslock", "T")
SetTimer, AutoFire, 500
Else
SetTimer, AutoFire, Off
return

AutoFire:
Send {Space}
return
;-------------END COPY--------------

If you start with the above as a basis, you see the line "SetTimer, AutoFire, 500" is actually "Creating" a loop sequence.. the word "AutoFire" could be replaced with anything to be a reference for that loop. So lets add "AutoSOMETHING" to create 2 seperate timers.

;-------------START COPY--------------
~Capslock::
keywait, Capslock
If GetKeyState("Capslock", "T")
SetTimer, AutoFire, 500
SetTimer, AutoSomething, 4000
Else
SetTimer, AutoFire, Off
SetTimer, AutoSomething, Off
return

AutoFire:
Send {Space}
return
AutoSomething:
Send {Key}
return
;-------------END COPY--------------

Just replace {Key} with the key you want pressed. Say you want {Delete} pressed to Auto Balance shield once every 2 seconds.. just replace the 4000 with 2000 and so on and so forth.. Though I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST AutoMating too many keystrokes.