Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 03:02 AM
I am not asking for it but i won't say no to freebies After all i got 2 weeks of free playtime from Blizzard when WOW was launched. It was way worse then STO launch. I couldn't play for almost 3 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 03:19 AM
You will find that your statment doesn't hold true. Head start is a free vip access to cryptic hardcore fanbase. The eula will state about unexpected server outages and downtime and by playing the game you have accepted the terms.

The game is still playable so there is no reason to be asking for compensation , I fully understand that there were probably a lot more people who have joined headstart so the servers will be struggling.

I would rather have this happen now than on launch day because you know the game isn't even out yet.

So you can't play that evening but if the server is broken they have to fix it, they arnt just going to ruin the total game experience just to let you play!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 03:26 AM
for all the crashes that happened in CO's launch ther was some extra time given as well as an action figure for one of them. So I wouldn't put it past the STO team to do so if there are extended down times after launch.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 03:27 AM
Headstart isn't free. It cost me $59.95 and I had to purchase STO within a particular time frame.

As a lifetime subscriber, I don't have any use for service credits. If they wanted to throw in some Cryptic Points so I could indulge in some Micro Transaction crack, I wouldn't say no.

It would be a nice apology for all the downtime during Headstart, but I'm not optimistic it will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
Headstart isn't free. It cost me $59.95 and I had to purchase STO within a particular time frame.

As a lifetime subscriber, I don't have any use for service credits. If they wanted to throw in some Cryptic Points so I could indulge in some Micro Transaction crack, I wouldn't say no.

It would be a nice apology for all the downtime during Headstart, but I'm not optimistic it will happen.
Actually no... Head Start is free... You will still have to pay 60 bucks even after release; headstart is just a perk of pre-ordering same as Open Beta its just some thing they let you have for FREE the $60 for the Deluxe edition will still be $60 in the future...

Stop your damn crying.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 03:33 AM
In other MMOs I played, it was common practice that if the servers were down
* for a signifcant time of the day (except the weekly maintainance downtime)
* because of problems of the server (i.e. permanent disconnects, crashes, some content unplayable)
that for each of such a day the players get an extra free bonus day.

I hope Cryptic will behave the same way.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal View Post
Actually no... Head Start is free... You will still have to pay 60 bucks even after release; headstart is just a perk of pre-ordering same as Open Beta its just some thing they let you have for FREE the $60 for the Deluxe edition will still be $60 in the future...

Stop your damn crying.
Technically headstart is NOT free. I paid 60 bucks for a product that offers me
* a headstart
* the game Star Trek Online
* some extra goodies.
-----------------------------
60$

Or could you play headstart without paying anything to cryptic?
When after the headstart is over, you still have to pay the same amount for the product but without the headstart included, then this says not that headstart was free.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal View Post
Damn guys its only head start... YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR HEAD START! Billing will start one the Second... And as stated above even if the servers where offline for 4 days it would be only $2s...
People who pre-ordered have paid real money. However, there is a day left in which its possible for most people to get a refund, e.g. Steam allows cancellation of pre-orders. Unless Cryptic make a positive Customer Service move to address current, valid, concerns about their ability to deliver a quality service then many people will exercise their option to cancel.

4 days of downtime in one month from an online service would be a tragic fail. You realize that 4 days across 10,000 subscribers is nearly 1 million hours lost? (And I expect there are more than 10,000 subscribers in reality).

Compensation is a very common thing for a company to offer its customers when there is a problem. Note that compensation does not have to be monetary, in fact more often than not its given in terms of goods and services -- Airlines offer free flights if they mess up your booking, cinemas give free tickets if there's a problem with a screening, supermarkets often give free produce if something you purchased was spoiled on the shelf ...

Imagine if your ISP was down for 4 days a month, would you think that was acceptable? My cable service was out for 2 days last November, when I spoke to Customer Service they were very helpful and offered me free HBO for a month to make up for it. I am sure the Cryptic developers are busy fixing things as fast as they can, but what exactly is Cryptic Customer Service doing?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiwawa
Imagine if your ISP was down for 4 days a month, would you think that was acceptable? My cable service was out for 2 days last November, when I spoke to Customer Service they were very helpful and offered me free HBO for a month to make up for it. I am sure the Cryptic developers are busy fixing things as fast as they can, but what exactly is Cryptic Customer Service doing?
I would expect my ISP to reimburse me because thats a Utility (Some thing I make money on) and to an extent I would expect Cryptic to reimburse me if the game was down for greater then 2 days (Well if I paid monthly that is)

But I dont see this happening for a large amount of time, this amount of down time is quite normal for a launch.

I wouldnt be complaining asking for any reimbursement tell after Release...
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Technically headstart is NOT free. I paid 60 bucks for a product that offers me
* a headstart
* the game Star Trek Online
* some extra goodies.
-----------------------------
60$
Well it's a common fanbois practice to say that if you buy two things and Cryptic delivers only one, it is perfectly fine : works for closed beta keys, servers uptime, perks and basically everything