Career Officer
# 11
07-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
those are practically the worst choice ships of their respective ship type for feds (not romulans). I'm not even sure how your post fits into this thread.

also, you can't even get the ships you named as a fed romulan...atleast not the refit versions, since they are all T5.
Actually, the refit versions of those ships are T4. You're probably thinking of the retrofit versions, which are T5.

And yes, the T4 ships (and refits thereof) are available to Fed-Rommies; I have one myself and I did check. In fact, my Rommie has a Galaxy refit in her inventory - not that I've ever used it. As far as how it fits... the original poster was asking about specific ships, so I figured I'd tell them exactly where the cutoff falls in the same format.
Member of Special Operations Command (UFP)
and leader of House of Calafia (KDF)
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)
Ensign
# 12
07-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
So, for a rom, when do you make your faction decision?

When you make it, do you have access to that side's ships? Can your rom fly an Assault Cruiser? Just for example? Or are you stuck in rom-only ships from the z-store? You're able to join fleets from that faction, correct? I.e. there isn't a romulan fleet system, right?

Just wondering how all that works.
Faction choice begins very early around level 10 and can be achieved in under an hour if you know how the game works. You can use faction choice ships, but they do cost C-store credits, or refined dilithium in order to use them. The good news is that you only have to purchase them once, and they unlock for all your character creations. The bad news is that they aren't cheap. The lower level ships cost anywhere to equivalent of 5 to 7 US Dollars, and the upper levels are anywhere from 20 to 25.

As far as fleet is concerned, I don't know how that works. I've played for just over a year now, only joined 1 fleet about 3 months in to playing, and it lasted about 30 minutes. 1 bad experience is all it took to keep me away from them all. I haven't joined one since and don't plan on it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-20-2014, 09:25 AM
I fly an Intrepid refit with Fleet gear, it works perfectly fine, so don't worry, tier 4.5 is perfectly viable.
Quote:
D'kyr for Romulans! Fight for reunification, fight for a bridge to unite our peoples! Fight so that every Federation Romulan can pay 2000 Zen and earn a D'kyr Science Vessel!

D'kyr for Romulans!!