Lt. Commander
# 1 Skill Point Limit is broken.
01-31-2010, 03:59 AM
I tested out the skill points using http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/ and found out that with the cap, it is utterly impossible to max out profession skills only. This is due to the combination of the cap in both points and limit in spending per rank. As a result, no one can spend points only on their preffessions specific skills but are forced to branch out into other areas. Not only that, but the maximum number of skill points you can get for T5 skills (which has the most skills) is 16. Please either remove the limit on rank spending or get rid of the cap.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Bumpity bumpity bump.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
They already said that the skill cap is for future updates/expansions. Instead of a level increase, you will get a skill cap increase. This is so they can limit what you can do and know how to create content with a better difficulty. If you have unlimited skills, all content would become trivial and boring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
I was looking forward to being able to be able to do just about anything with one character....particularly with the low character slots........but i'll live with it

Hopeing it doesn't take them long to come up with new content/raise skill cap.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylan
They already said that the skill cap is for future updates/expansions. Instead of a level increase, you will get a skill cap increase. This is so they can limit what you can do and know how to create content with a better difficulty. If you have unlimited skills, all content would become trivial and boring.
Putting up a wall saying you can't improve your skills anymore is a bit much IMO. It needs to be more flexible than it is now. Especially since you can't max two T5 skills, only one.