Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Performance
01-31-2010, 03:11 AM
I was there for one of the weekends when CO was open, no probs with the servers holding up, in the past hour I have spent more time logging BAck in to the game than playing, I notice I'm not the only one experiencing similar issues.

Is this a harbinger of doom for Tuesday's launch? I don't know. Cryptic responded relatively quickly to feedback during the open beta so I have hope rather than feel despair.

I can understand that if there was an emergency earlier in the day requiring emergency back-up that there still may be performance issues during the head start, I hope this is resolved quickly, I'm truly enjoying the game but am being frustrated at the constant disconnection; 10 times in an hour is fairly ridiculous.

and waddya know...one complaint and all fixed....
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:25 AM
Exactly the same all i keep getting is;
" Server is not responding"

C'mon seriously, sort it out upgrade your server im all for everyone on one server if the server can handle it!!! think about when tuesday comes it will be horrific
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:31 AM
No problems here and for thousands of others too.
I'm thinking it's a routing issue that the small amount of players experienceing this have in common, or it could be their ISP restricting access, as it's a new , pretty unknown MMO.

WoW had the same problem on release, and had to contact various ISP's to change routing settings. Some players even went as far to use paid proxy severs to get a better ping, they still do that now, 5 years later.

As i said, im betting it's an ISP related issue and not cryptics, otherwise everyone would be experiencing this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
No problems here and for thousands of others too.
I'm thinking it's a routing issue that the small amount of players experienceing this have in common, or it could be their ISP restricting access, as it's a new , pretty unknown MMO.

WoW had the same problem on release, and had to contact various ISP's to change routing settings. Some players even went as far to use paid proxy severs to get a better ping, they still do that now, 5 years later.

As i said, im betting it's an ISP related issue and not cryptics, otherwise everyone would be experiencing this problem.
something I hadn't considerd, I am in Australia after all
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 05:01 AM
I find the server loves to boot you when changing zone's, maps and instances which when it happens you can find you get booted around 5 or 6 times with in 30 mins which is bad.

Did cryptic actually install them servers or was it just put on the back burner.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 05:08 AM
I get the same thing, I get booted when I change instances, and when I try to log back in, I get "Disconnected from Account Server"
The server are more unstable now than it was during beta.
It all started after the server crash yesterday, since then its been completely unplayable.
I sent a Tech support mail, to them in the hopes that this will give them a wake up call and get them to fix the problem.
Like the OP, I have spent more time trying to long in than playing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Much as I support the dev's etc

this is not funny anymore, when i spend 40 mins at the log in (getting disconnected from account server, game server, hamster server) and any movement onto another map or area results in a disconnection, this is just not funny now

so in hour of play
40 mins at log in
20 mins playing game

seriously
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
Much as I support the dev's etc

this is not funny anymore, when i spend 40 mins at the log in (getting disconnected from account server, game server, hamster server) and any movement onto another map or area results in a disconnection, this is just not funny now

so in hour of play
40 mins at log in
20 mins playing game

seriously
And who says it is the server? I have had the same problems with WoW when an upstream ISP has ****ed their routing (Australian, so it goes my ISP, Optus, Singtel, and then ATT at the LA landing). Have you done pings and tracerts and contacted your ISP?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 05:56 AM
Just out of curiosity, how can it be the ISP when the issue is not related to one specific area, but lots of ppl all over with different ISP.
Furthermore, this issue started for me after the "unexpected downtime" yesterday when the server was down for 3+ hours.
I find it hard to see how that can be individual ISPs when the issue started when the server crashed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansheedragon
Just out of curiosity, how can it be the ISP when the issue is not related to one specific area, but lots of ppl all over with different ISP.
Because YOUR ISP doesn't have a direct line to Cryptics datacenter. You are connected through probably about 2-4 upstream ISP's (with specific geographic routing). Any of which could have bad routers that are periodically dropping packets.

Last year I had this issue with WoW after the 3.2 patch. The new raids caused disconnects for me (and about five other people in my guild) because of bad routers upstream. I did tracerts and saw the upstream router periodically dropping packets. I complained to my ISP and after about a week it got fixed.

If you haven't even done tracerts you can't pin it on Cryptic. If you do a few tracerts and they come up clean file a ticket with Cryptic support and attach the tracert outputs.