Lt. Commander
# 1 Graphics not smooth at all
01-31-2010, 05:56 AM
Nvidia Geforce 8400,

WOW runs smooth, and this game looks like something from the 90's....updating drivers now, am sure that wont help,

I guess i am disappointed the graphics are not very smooth, as in the prementioned game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Wow runs smooth on almost anything because it's designed on an outdated 10 year old engine. It cant even run in 32 bit color.

This game has modern tech so you need a modern computer to lay it. The 8400 you have is not a gaming card. It is a video playback card. It also has ddr2 ram which is terrible for gaming.

If you get a modern computer, even a dual core machine with a 8600 GT ddr3 you would notice the difference.
looks like its time for you to either upgrade or head back to wow
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:29 AM
Well I guess I am glad I only pre-ordered, the graphics look like something out of woflenstein back in the 90's.

So disaapointed!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 06:33 AM
only 2 toons?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio84
Well I guess I am glad I only pre-ordered, the graphics look like something out of woflenstein back in the 90's.

So disaapointed!!!
You shouldn't be disappointed. The minimum specs were posted some time ago. If you're that upset, and want to play the game that badly, upgrade your computer like some of us did. Saying the game's graphics look like they're from wolfenstein (when they're in fact, not) isn't going to get you anywhere except in the frying pan with some of this game's community.

Be patient, upgrade your computer when you have the time and money, and come back. That's what I had to do for LotRO two years ago. The only thing I've done to this rig in two years is gone from a pair of 8800GTXs to a pair of GTX275s. Let me tell you, this game runs like SILK.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Believe me I know what you are saying, and yes on my computer it looks like Wolfenstein, where WoW in Dalaran ran smooth with no lag.

If the majority of players are going to come from WoW or ...well no if they are going to come from Wow I think they will be disappointed that their computers need such an upgrade, and who reads specs, we just jump in and play.

So now do I spend money for a new computer to play this game, that from every review I have seen has issues, people are bored already, albeit still so new...or find something else...and I was so sick of WoW too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 07:17 AM
wow was designed to run on Tandy 1000's, they specificly wanted to make every computer run wow. wow's graphics were terrible, it is no game to state a cards abilities by... now battlefield 2 when it came out at full gpu power, that was a feat to take on!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio84
Nvidia Geforce 8400,

WOW runs smooth, and this game looks like something from the 90's....updating drivers now, am sure that wont help,

I guess i am disappointed the graphics are not very smooth, as in the prementioned game.
It looks like something from the 90's because it is a sure bet the game toggled on the run at 'half-resolution' option. Go into the video options menu and turn it off.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Instead of blindly upgrading your system with hardware you may well not need, consider playing with the numerous graphics settings available in-game.

First, set the basic graphics slider to the first or second 'notch'. Then, fine-tune your graphical preferences using the advanced option by checking the box beneath the slider.

Keeping Shadows on Low, and disabling Anti Aliasing and Post-Processing, as well as not enabling High Detail Actors are a good place to start. Increase viewing distance to a level you feel comfortable with when playing while keeping an eye on how well the game runs for you.

Try each setting separately - click Apply and fly/move around and see what the option does for you. If it makes things worse, you can always go back. If you enable/change a lot of settings at once, you may find yourself having trouble figuring out which working settings you had previously.

If all else fails, you can always use the Half-Resolution option - the game will perform a lot better and the Interface/Dialogs will still be in the same high resolution, so no functionality will be lost.

Good luck
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naenee View Post
Instead of blindly upgrading your system with hardware you may well not need, consider playing with the numerous graphics settings available in-game.

First, set the basic graphics slider to the first or second 'notch'. Then, fine-tune your graphical preferences using the advanced option by checking the box beneath the slider.

Keeping Shadows on Low, and disabling Anti Aliasing and Post-Processing, as well as not enabling High Detail Actors are a good place to start. Increase viewing distance to a level you feel comfortable with when playing while keeping an eye on how well the game runs for you.

Try each setting separately - click Apply and fly/move around and see what the option does for you. If it makes things worse, you can always go back. If you enable/change a lot of settings at once, you may find yourself having trouble figuring out which working settings you had previously.

If all else fails, you can always use the Half-Resolution option - the game will perform a lot better and the Interface/Dialogs will still be in the same high resolution, so no functionality will be lost.

Good luck
Wouldnt do any good for him. he has a terrible graphics card for this game.