Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Fix Cloaking Now
01-31-2010, 06:35 AM
I am sick and tired of trying to cloak (t2 BoP) and getting blown up AFTER i do so.

This is rediculous. As it is now, cloaking is simply lowering your shields so the enemy can blow you up faster. It certainly doesnt hide you from the enemy as they continue to fire on you for 5-10 seconds after you push the cloak button.

I understand if they scan you out or if you get too close. This is not any of those siutations. You decide your in over your head, you battle cloak only to see the enemy continue firing and those torpedoes chasing you down 10 seconds after you cloaked. You take a torp up your butt and WHAM, 2k damage with no shields.

FIX IT NOW CRYPTIC.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:40 AM
WAI. There are consequences to being a dishonorly petaQ.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harddrive View Post
I am sick and tired of trying to cloak (t2 BoP) and getting blown up AFTER i do so.

This is rediculous. As it is now, cloaking is simply lowering your shields so the enemy can blow you up faster. It certainly doesnt hide you from the enemy as they continue to fire on you for 5-10 seconds after you push the cloak button.

I understand if they scan you out or if you get too close. This is not any of those siutations. You decide your in over your head, you battle cloak only to see the enemy continue firing and those torpedoes chasing you down 10 seconds after you cloaked. You take a torp up your butt and WHAM, 2k damage with no shields.

FIX IT NOW CRYPTIC.
Well you need to try a few different things, works fine for me most of the time. Yes there are situations where you die (do not cloak when torps are coming at you!) its not a perfect thing by no means. (just wait until you get cloak speced science ships THAT SUCKS)

Do you crank your Aux power settings? I avoid most of it by just doing this. Oh and evasive is your friend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 06:54 AM
So, in other words, instead of fixing a problem you acknowledge you make an excuse about it and turn it around on me intstead.....nice.

Battle cloaking is broken.

Solution:

The second I cloak target loses lock on me and torpedoes loss guidance if they have been fired. This is how it worked in Star Trek and this is how i expect it to work here.

Klingons have enough disadvantages already, they need just ONE thing to work the way it should.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 06:55 AM
evasive manuvears - full speed - full power to engines, re inforce rear shields, wait for torps to hit, then Battle Cloak.

Yes battle cloaking in the middle of 5 hostiles, and doing nothing else is basically a self distruct button.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harddrive View Post
So, in other words, instead of fixing a problem you acknowledge you make an excuse about it and turn it around on me intstead.....nice.

Battle cloaking is broken.

Solution:

The second I cloak target loses lock on me and torpedoes loss guidance if they have been fired. This is how it worked in Star Trek and this is how i expect it to work here.

Klingon's have enough disadvantages already, they need just ONE thing to work the way it should.
No need ot get hostile...CALM..WE are all friends here. I was just making some suggestions. I mean Feds are already crying about cloak non stop, and now their MES is nerfed, so you don't seriously think they are going to make cloak better do you?

Its not going to happen in all likely hood.. Learn to use it the best you can. It's all you can really do.

The truth is Klingon's are the underdog. Get used to it cause its not going to change any time soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harddrive View Post
I am sick and tired of trying to cloak (t2 BoP) and getting blown up AFTER i do so.

This is rediculous. As it is now, cloaking is simply lowering your shields so the enemy can blow you up faster. It certainly doesnt hide you from the enemy as they continue to fire on you for 5-10 seconds after you push the cloak button.

I understand if they scan you out or if you get too close. This is not any of those siutations. You decide your in over your head, you battle cloak only to see the enemy continue firing and those torpedoes chasing you down 10 seconds after you cloaked. You take a torp up your butt and WHAM, 2k damage with no shields.

FIX IT NOW CRYPTIC.

This is working as intended. It would be totally OP if your shields remained active whilst cloaking.

Being invisible in combat is an amazing skill. I am sorry you're unable to use it to your advantage unlike every other Klingon BOP pilot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenikis View Post
This is working as intended. It would be totally OP if your shields remained active whilst cloaking.

Being invisible in combat is an amazing skill. I am sorry you're unable to use it to your advantage unlike every other Klingon BOP pilot.
How you misunderstood so completely in such a short time amazes me. I dont want shields while cloaked, or firing while cloaked as you intimated. I want the weapons to miss while I am cloaked, that is all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
evasive manuvears - full speed - full power to engines, re inforce rear shields, wait for torps to hit, then Battle Cloak.

Yes battle cloaking in the middle of 5 hostiles, and doing nothing else is basically a self distruct button.
This, also if fighting an escort get behind them then cloak, can work well sometimes not always, brace for impact, polarise hull and engi team can also save you sometimes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-31-2010, 07:26 AM
You cloak, you lose shields. Theres no way you can have a skill as powerful as cloak, and not expect to have it offset against something else. Thats just childish thinking.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 PM.