Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Sorry if this question has already been asked.

My head is ready to explode reading about all of the different pre-order packages.

Can anyone tell me which is best?

I can't seem to figure out if the $79.99 Atari Collector's Edition is really worth the extra $$.

I am not really interested in the collector's pieces as much as I am interested in the best game play.

I would love to hear some opinions on this before I purchase.

Thanks to all.
T
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:48 AM
One is digital and the other is physical(CE). Read the bonuses, it depends on what you want. I bought one of each from different retailers to get the different bonuses.

A note too: Atari doesn't have any exclusive pre-order bonus(no ship, armor or whatever, not even Cryptic points).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTina
Sorry if this question has already been asked.

My head is ready to explode reading about all of the different pre-order packages.

Can anyone tell me which is best?

I can't seem to figure out if the $79.99 Atari Collector's Edition is really worth the extra $$.

I am not really interested in the collector's pieces as much as I am interested in the best game play.

I would love to hear some opinions on this before I purchase.

Thanks to all.
T
Quote:
Regular Edition

No Extras

Collectors Edition, by physical game disk only, offers :

Deluxe Packaging: Futuristic 3dX holography set in a high quality brushed aluminum finish. Heavy duty construction with magnetic closures and nested compartments for all components.

Deluxe Manual: High end, hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package. “HD Printing” on over 40 glossy pages of exclusive art from the Star Trek Online Universe.

Communicator Badge: High quality cast metal design based on the in-game badge model. Fully 3d Sculpted with recessed burst and curved contours.

Guest Passes: Credit card style buddy passes to invite three of your friends for a ten day trial of Star Trek Online.

Red Matter Capacitor: A unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time. A device that, when used, gives you a small bump in energy, has a long recharge.

Next Generation Uniform: Uniform Options from "The Next Generation" Series. The timeless look worn by Picard, Data and Riker.

Deep Space Nine Uniform: Uniform Options from the “Deep Space Nine” Series. Grey shoulders, on a black uniform, just like Sisko, Worf and Dax.

Digital Deluxe Edition, which is Download only, offers :

Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.4

Automated Defense Battery: This Unique Ship Item Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

Joined Trill Race: The ability to play as a “Joined Trill” – a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience.
The above are the packages you can order.

the Atart Exclusive Pre-Order Item is 500 Cryptic C-Store Points.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMatter View Post
One is digital and the other is physical(CE). Read the bonuses, it depends on what you want. I bought one of each from different retailers to get the different bonuses.

A note too: Atari doesn't have any exclusive pre-order bonus(no ship, armor or whatever, not even Cryptic points).

Quote:
Pre-Order Bonuses are different by Location. This also gives you a Pre-Order key that grants access to Open Beta (Ends Jan. 26, 2010 at 6PM PST) and a 4 day Head Start on the Live Servers (beginning Jan. 29, 2010 at 10 AM PST).

*** Note*** Pre-Order bonuses DO NOT STACK on the same account if ordered from the same retailer. You buy 2 Atari packages, you only can get 1 Pre-Order bonus per account. However if you buy from Gamestop and Atari, the Pre-Order Bonus does stack on same account because they are from different retialers. This has been confirmed by Cryptic Devs.

GameStop offers the The Original Series Constitution Class Starship. This unique, upgradable starship comes equipped with blue phasers and an extra engineering station mod slot. This is a Starter ship.

Atari offers 500 Cryptic Points. Used to buy tiems in the Cryptic STO store.

Amazon offers Liberated Borg Bridge Officer. Borg Bridge Officer features a unique costume and three unique skills: Nano Probes, Efficiency and Borg Neural Blast.

Steam offers Chromodynamic Armor. This ground item goes into a character’s body armor slot. Based on technology brought back from the Delta Quadrant by U.S.S. Voyager, this personal body armor improves the damage and critical hits of a player’s ground energy weapons. Features include: 6.1% Physical Resistance, 6.1% Kinetic Resistance, 2.6% Energy Resistance, +15% Critical Damage, +5% Critical Chance, +3% Energy Damage

Wal-Mart offers 500 extra skill points. Available to characters at beginning of game play. This gives a small jump on Character Advancement at the beginning of the game with a new character.

Direct 2 Drive offers Multi-Spatial Personal Shield. This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer. This ground item slots into a character’s shield slot. This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology and constantly regenerates itself and even a character’s health.

Best Buy offers Targ/Tribble Pet. A Targ is a cosmetic pet for Klingon characters only that a player can summon and dismiss at will. The Tribble when summoned increases a Federation character’s healing rate, though it cannot be summoned during combat. A character will take out his Tribble and pet it.

Target offers The TR-116 Ground Rifle. The TR-116 is rare projectile weapon is used in dampening fields and other challenging environments, it is also modified with a micro-transporter which beams the fired projectiles to targets at close range so that a user can fire without a direct line of site.
Now these were the Pre-Order items being offered. However with such a late date and such high demand for the game, the Pre-order Exclusives may no longer be available.