Lt. Commander
I had this issue during the beta once when I warped to sol from a different quadrant.
I just finished the tutorial and warped to sol and am stuck staring at the loading screen.
It isn't locked up either caues the tips are still changing but the loading bar is full.

Edit: it has resolved itself. I suppose it was lag.. but it took about 25-30 minutes to load.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:21 AM
This has happened to me for each of my characters during the beta and now again during headstart. I left my PC for an hour earlier today but it was still on the loading screen without it losing connection or the server failing. While I'm in-game the game usually flows very smoothly even during combat when there are lots of other players nearby.

I've tried restarting my PC, logging, playing peek-boo with the browser (as we all know it will only change when you're not looking) but nothing works. It wouldn't be so bad but I have to get to Sol before I can leave and explore the rest of the galaxy (and know never to return to Sol for the next few months).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuza View Post
I had this issue during the beta once when I warped to sol from a different quadrant.
I just finished the tutorial and warped to sol and am stuck staring at the loading screen.
It isn't locked up either caues the tips are still changing but the loading bar is full.

Edit: it has resolved itself. I suppose it was lag.. but it took about 25-30 minutes to load.
I ran into this quite a bit during the open beta. The only solution I found was to turn the Video settings to "low" before going into Sol. All other sectors/maps/etc. load and run just fine on higher settings. I'm not sure what the issue is with Sol, and it's a bit of a hassle to change the video settings each time you visit Sol, but it's worth a try.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 07:29 AM
I get this every now and again myself, Best way to do it is to exit the game start the launcher and up along the top of the launcher you should see options and start in safe mode.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobracoil View Post
I get this every now and again myself, Best way to do it is to exit the game start the launcher and up along the top of the launcher you should see options and start in safe mode.
Safe Mode worked a treat... was in within a few minutes without changing my video settings. Will try changing the video settings when (if) I create a new character. Thanks for your help guys!!