Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Please read the Preorder FAQ located here... http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
Need to also mention that the full retail version isn't available until Feb. 2, 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serinas View Post
I'm unable to find the appropriate email address to use, a little help?
www.startrekonline.com/support

there are a couple you can use there.. Technical Support or Billing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
www.startrekonline.com/support

there are a couple you can use there.. Technical Support or Billing.

Thanks for your help. If I don't end up with a key before the time limit, will it be possible - when I do recieve the key - to still use it to get the pre-order perks? ie. is having the key enough or do I definitely need to use it by the deadline?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
Okay, first of all:-

The lifetime membership is not a limited-time offer. What they have right now is a sale price that comes with extra perks (the Borg playable race and character slots). If you miss the deadline, don't worry, you can still buy a lifetime subscription later. The price will go up to US$299, and it won't have the promotional extras, but the lifetime will always be available.
I don't know if that's entirely accurate. Here's what the FAQ has to say:

Q: Do I have to pre-order to subscribe?
A: Only the special Lifetime and 12-month subscriptions require pre-orders. Our regular recurring subscriptions do not require you to pre-order a copy of Star Trek Online. However, those interested in purchasing the 12-month or Lifetime promotional subscription plans must have first redeemed a valid pre-order key here at the official website. Pre-order keys are supplied by the retailers themselves.

I took it to mean that lifetime and 12-month subscription options were limited time offers, not that the prices were the limited time offers. Anyway, you be the judge.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyHawk
I took it to mean that lifetime and 12-month subscription options were limited time offers, not that the prices were the limited time offers. Anyway, you be the judge.
It has been confirmed in Atari press releases, and by dev posts on the forums, that the lifetime subscription will still be available after 2nd February for $299.

The current limited time offer is for the lower price of $239, and the perks of Borg playable race and extra character slots.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
No. It will 299$ for lifetime after Feb 1st. I can' find a link since the forum is acting up but it will be available.

Good luck Serinas. Like I said, I think the digital option in the way to go. Anyway, the european physical box is not worth it compared to the US one in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serinas View Post
Thanks for your help. If I don't end up with a key before the time limit, will it be possible - when I do recieve the key - to still use it to get the pre-order perks? ie. is having the key enough or do I definitely need to use it by the deadline?
The pre-order bonus items that come with your purchase are not connected to the 'preorder code'. The preorder code only gives access to headstart and allows players to purchase a promotional subscription.

The bonus items are attached to the full game retail code. For a boxed purchase this would be the DVD code. For a digital purchase, this will be e-mailed to you only at release.

You do need a preorder code to buy a lifetime at the promotional price; the offer ends on 2nd Jan (or midnight 1st Jan, if you prefer). If you have not received your preorder code, contact STO customer support with proof of purchase, as others have suggested.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
It has been confirmed in Atari press releases, and by dev posts on the forums, that the lifetime subscription will still be available after 2nd February for $299.

The current limited time offer is for the lower price of $239, and the perks of Borg playable race and extra character slots.
Thanks for the clarification.

Way to not keep your website up-to-date, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

Way to not keep your website up-to-date, Cryptic.
This way, they can say that the current lifetime sub package is a limited offer...and it is. That's perfectly true.

If they made it EXTREMELY CLEAR on the website that lifetime subs would continue to be available after this period, just for a higher price - I bet you that fewer people would buy 'em now.

The omission is probably deliberate. It's marketing ninja tactics.

(I'm torn between going as a consumer, and going 'oh wow that's clever' as someone who has done marketing work...)
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for all the help, got the key.