Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
And you get to rise and repeat 40 times... Fun!

Might not have been 40 times if people wouldn't spawn camp the other team, as one side can be fully in before the other... giving a 5 point lead early on. Cryptic is known for their extreme measures... so enjoy abusing your melee spam and chain cc while you can, cause it will likely soon be long gone.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Long stuns and chain stuns are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY AND NO FUN. Any dev who in this day and age still puts them in should be beaten with a sack full of door knobs.

It doesn't matter if they are balanced they are just bad game play.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyx
Hold is OP right now with people spamming it and you do not resist, it needs to have a deminishing return on it, once they start chaining it on you its game over, you have no options to even defnd yourself from it.
Oh u have resists, but its like:
Palm strike spam -> hold --> free for a millisec --> stasis -> hold --> free für a millisec -> weapon hold (phaser pistol) -> dead ---> repeat.

3 holds, 3 timer.

Solution: Drop the resists for every single hold. Add a global hold resist or something.
Currently, PvP is a plain joke with this hold spam ******** going on.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Lol. You think it's OP on the ground? I do it in space. Every 16 seconds out of 45 seconds, someone becomes my ***** in space. I'm sure I'd have longer-lasting *****es if I had the higher tier talents. ;x
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 08:55 AM
First off let me say that all classes are balanced b/c all classes have some sort of hold/stun/etc.

But really, you have to realize that you could be playing against people who are specialized in ground combat. When i created my toon i picked 4 ground abilities and spent every point ive gotton into ground combat. This is b/c i enjoy ground combat more than space.

I do agree that the matchmaking needs to be fixed b/c it doesnt matter what side your on in a 5 v 2, its still not fun :/
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 08:58 AM
And no.. the holds are fine the way they are since all classes get some sort of stun/hold/etc
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
First off let me say that all classes are balanced b/c all classes have some sort of hold/stun/etc.

But really, you have to realize that you could be playing against people who are specialized in ground combat. When i created my toon i picked 4 ground abilities and spent every point ive gotton into ground combat. This is b/c i enjoy ground combat more than space.

I do agree that the matchmaking needs to be fixed b/c it doesnt matter what side your on in a 5 v 2, its still not fun :/
Quote:
And no.. the holds are fine the way they are since all classes get some sort of stun/hold/etc
There is no balance when you can have a single ability spammed on you till your able to be one shotted.
It doesnt matter if someone specializes in those skills or not. This spamming breaks ground pvp and makes it no fun at all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Yet another thing brought up in beta that wasnt fixed or looked into..... man iam so glad i have a lifetime sub
Yep I remember bringing it up too knowing how badly it was going to get abused, and here we are, day 3 of headstart and you cant go in a single ground pvp instance without running into hold/expose spammers.

Personally heres what I think should happen:

Expose: Changed to a critical and accuracy increase based on a % value, no more silly stun effect, the effect applies to any shot, not just exploits meaning if your spaming palm strike to get expose, you just wasted it.

Hold: Either removed entirely or altered so it breaks on any damage, as well as an immunity grace (thus spamming it becomes a waste of cooldown)

With things like weapon disables, roots and slows there is absolutley positively NO need to included holds or stuns.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Hold is OP right now with people spamming it and you do not resist, it needs to have a deminishing return on it, once they start chaining it on you its game over, you have no options to even defnd yourself from it.
Its true mostly because damage does not break the hold I just stand there unable to do anything as they chip away at my health.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
This isn't a balance issue, it's a fun issue.