Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Management
01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
As the Leader of a Fleet, there is a dire need for a proper permissions system to be put in place. Currently every rank below Leader (Rank 7) have the exact same permissions except for Rank 1 which losses the Set Permissions right. This issue has been raised before without a response. So I am asking once again for Fleet permissions to be 'fixed' or properly developed.

On another note: Please remove the Withdrawal Limit calculation from items. As it stands if I want to give someone access to Rank I items, they can also remove 2500 Fleet Energy credits. This is not a viable Fleet Bank permissions system.

Lastly, 1.233 mil Energy Credits for the 2nd Fleet Bank tab? Please review this figure and come up with a viable financial alternative for small to mid-sized Fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaeKaula View Post
As the Leader of a Fleet, there is a dire need for a proper permissions system to be put in place. Currently every rank below Leader (Rank 7) have the exact same permissions except for Rank 1 which losses the Set Permissions right. This issue has been raised before without a response. So I am asking once again for Fleet permissions to be 'fixed' or properly developed.

On another note: Please remove the Withdrawal Limit calculation from items. As it stands if I want to give someone access to Rank I items, they can also remove 2500 Fleet Energy credits. This is not a viable Fleet Bank permissions system.

Lastly, 1.233 mil Energy Credits for the 2nd Fleet Bank tab? Please review this figure and come up with a viable financial alternative for small to mid-sized Fleets.
AMEN!!!

Fleet Management has really gone unchecked!!

The entire interface is just Jacked up...

HaeKaula, this should work :Click on rank 1 set the permissions and than click Rank 2 and go than go to like the roaster tab, go back to Settings; Set RAnk 2 permissions and than click RAnk 3 .... and repeat

Fleet Bank --- is totally MESSED up!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
This HAS to be a bug. But either way, I'd like to add my voice to this post in hopes that the problem gets addressed.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
+1. This is a major pain in the ass. Please fix this ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 05:16 AM
+1 to fixing it and sorting out the stupidly high prices of fleet bank tabs.

lets see if they are listening to us.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 05:31 AM
Each rank does have their own permissions. it's a simple display bug thats all.

Go to whichever rank you want and click information, then click settings. Youll see them. Change them to whatever you want. DO the same for each rank.

Again, it's a simple display bug . Thats all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 07:28 AM
if it is only a display bug why is it that when you put a limit on how many energy credits fleet members can take out of the fleet bank, that the limit also seems to apply to the value of items too?

lets say you put a limit on energy credit withdrawals at 1500 and then you try and withdraw an item that would cost 2000 in the shop it will not let you withdraw it?, items with a worth of less then 1500 can be withdrawn still but nothing higher than said 1500, yes i have seen this happen in the fleet i am a part of, try it and you will see it too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 08:10 AM
The display bug is in reference to the rank permissions issue. Each rank does indeed have individual permissions in the Fleet Settings tab, but you can only display them by clicking on the rank and switching tabs (e.g., to Fleet Uniforms and then back to Fleet Settings).

Bug report it!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 08:57 AM
There are many options I would love to see on Fleet banking.

Im not a fleet founder so dont even know if all settings are there but heres how I see it.

Fleet Inventory needs expansion, during beta I alone filled up the entire fleets available space, what needs to happen is a small list maybe 20 items each person can contribute in thier fleet space. No matter what level they can take out from thier own space.

Fleet can then buy larger placings to expand each members by 5 items each purchase, or allow each member to add to this to thier own space, 50k each person or 1mil for entire fleet.

Allow Exchange intergration, so items can be sold by the fleet and the cash goes into fleet coffers to be spent on expansion. Allow me to put items in the exchange personally and automattically contribute a % (that I set) to fleet.

Regular payments by members able to be set by the leader, this money goes to fleet account. ie once per month take 100cr from each member.

Items and cash should be two seperate things, so the leader or high rank person in the fleet could allow recruits (Luetenants) to take any Mk1 or Mk2 gear but block higher gear be blocked and cash be set seperately so only certain levels can take out.
Ensign
# 10 Fleet Management Overhaul
10-09-2013, 08:50 PM
To All the STO Developers,

This is my first post, and I would like to thank you all for the work you?ve done on Star Trek Online. STO is a great game, despite some of the issues that I?ve experienced; which I will attribute to growing pains. Now on to what this post is really about.

As a gaming community leader, there are many features about the fleet management system that I feel are either missing or could use some improvement. The first thing I would like to touch on is the rank system.

Though we very rarely see them in any of the genre?s iterations, there are enlisted ranks within the rank structure of the Star Trek world. The M.A.C.O. personnel have both enlisted and officer ranks that I believe to be based on the US Marine Corps rank structure, and the Star Fleet personnel no doubt have an enlisted rank structure similar to that of the US Navy (the best example of this would be Chief O?Brien). It would be great if there were a few more ranks available, and a larger number of available rank slots. This would allow for the officer positions to be made available to delineate leadership from the average members. New Icons or at least some Icon selections would be great for these new ranks as well?.MACO rank insignia on the shoulder would look great, and/or the option of moving rank to the should opposite of the fleet patch would be amazing too.

In addition to this, one of the various ways that I like to manage my members is to look at their stats. Certain metrics such as Time in Service, Activity Levels, and Accomplishments in Game and so on are used to determine eligibility for promotion, and even promotion or consideration for leadership positions. It would be great if this information were made available via an API system for easily downloading this information in to apps and spreadsheets.

The separation of Ranks and Titles would also help with the management of the fleet. Being able to set roles for a member under a title (for instance Accountant) would be great as one could be at any rank, and still be assigned that title.

Overall, the fleet management system needs an overhaul. I hate to point to another game for an example, but EVE-Online has a very robust, albeit somewhat overcomplicated system for member tracking and management. Many of the features there would be very useful here in STO, and would add a very automated way to handle permissions and titles/roles.

The last thing I would like to add is the ability to send/receive mail via STO Gateway. For those of us who spend a lot of time at work or away from home where playing the game is not an option, the ability to manage our fleets while away would be phenomenal.
All of these features would be great additions to the Gateway, so to finish this off; that is my final request. The fleet management system in general, aside from the addition of the fleet advancement system be added, has been largely untouched. The entire system needs an overhaul.

In closing, I thank you again for all your hard work and for your attention to my inquirey and requests.
McCleod
Closed Thread