Lt. Commander
Every evening now since OB began around 6pm CET you can experience
a massive decrease in server performance which results in everlasting loadingscreens,
"Server not responding" message and disconnects.

If you quit the client during a loading screen when the "server not responding" message appears, it is
most likely that you will stuck at "retrieving list of charcters" once you try to login again.

So, Cryptic, I ask, please, beg you increase server capacities or the servers will collapse on Feb 2nd and/or 5th. And you will loose a lot of customers due to those performance problems.

P.S: I am currently stuck at "Retrieving list of characters" :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Agree... If they dont do something fast I'm actually thinking of giving up this game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
got the same as problem played all day whit 0 problems
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Almost every mmo launch is like this. Whats happening in STO, is come peak times, the server gets overloaded. Not instance wise, but through the login server itself. Once this gets bottlenecked, the system diverts more power and processing power towards the logins. However this takes away from the regular server itself. This was mentioned a while ago by a dev team in CB.

They'll get it fixed soon enough, they need to continually tweak it so every part of the server is working fine.
Remember, almost all day, the server is runnign fine and perfect. But as soon as the U.S peak time players come on, they overwhelm the server.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Stuck at loading
01-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Alright this is crap..Jst got my next starship..Spent like an hour customizing it.Before I can even leave the screen and try it out...bam...crash....Now all I see is my desktop..Wow...$350 bucks..Does that mean I got what I paid for..??anyone..So a when will this get better..4 hours from now..Monday..next month..year from now..anyone..If spent 30 bucks on games and get better game play and sever performance..In other words..Even though I like the game I am very disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:20 AM
I know where your coming from got this last night just before the server died and now im getting it tonight after a quest asked me to beam down to station then promptly vanished , i shut my client dow and the logged back on to look at the "Retrieving list of characters "message for a while before i gave up, comoe on cryptic don't let server capacity and log on server issues ruin what should be a fantastic game, glitches and issues in game i can live with, not being able to get on to a game isn't one i can, you should have known how popular this game would be at launch and accomodated for that...i mean its not like you haven't done this kind of thing before is it.