Lt. Commander
i know i know, all MMOs have historically had problems at launches , umm arent ppl supposed to learn from
mistakes?
at what point will devs step up and makes things smooth?
no i dont have any ideas on how to do this as im not a dev or in the computer/server field
but i know enough that if i bought a car in 2009, i hope it wouldnt have the problems they had 10-15 years ago

just because all MMOs do this at launch doesnt make it right
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Chill, all MMOs suck at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah, they need to figure something out. There is a thing called Quality of Service.

Its pretty bad when it happens so often that people just accept it. That's like some countries where they shut off the power grid at 8pm and everyone just goes with it.

Total BS.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Same here, its one thing to have a high server load but the bugs should be resolved, especially with the missions in the first levels of play. Those problems should of been resolved in beta, and the high server load should of been foreseen miles away.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
This game should still be in beta, there are not still small errors to be fixed experienced by only a few, there are MAJOR GOD DAMN MALFUNCTIONS. I've played many mmos at launch and they all have problems, thisone simply has more of them. Also, most people arent ****ed because the game is crashing they're ****ed because the entire point of the preorder was the "headstart" which is going to end up being a day and a half of the 3 playable days that have been promised since the beginning. Kick it back to beta and call me when you have a finished product.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Ah, it's so cute seeing people who have no idea how video games are made beating their drums...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framinal View Post
i know i know, all MMOs have historically had problems at launches , umm arent ppl supposed to learn from
mistakes?
no i dont have any ideas on how to do this as im not a dev or in the computer/server field
but i know enough that if i bought a car in 2009, i hope it wouldnt have the problems they had 10-15 years ago

Do you not realize that games are many times more complex than they were 10 years ago? Your impatience does not make the simple fact that games of this magnitude take years to perfect any less true. You will never see an MMO launch smoothly, there are too many variables. Chill out, go outside and stop acting like a child. So tired of people whining about this....
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
seriously they edited the word "p iss" stop neutering my language!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Ah, it's so cute seeing people who have no idea how video games are made beating their drums...
I dont pay to understand how a game is made, I pay for the finished product. Would you enjoy eating a jelly filled Donut filled with chalk because the cook didnt test his recipe before he served it to you? Thats the point of BETA TESTING or alpha for that matter, you dont shell out an unfinished product just to meet a deadline.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framinal View Post
mistakes?

I'm tired of it too but it is still unavoidable just like taxes. No matter how sick you get of paying taxes, see what happens when you don't pay them.

Its simply the nature of the buisness. Sure we would like to see a game bug free at launch but there are only so many things you can emulate during testing. Nothing can simulate a launch except...launch.

Honestly this isn't as bad as some others. Everquest, Ultima online, Anarchy offline were far worse. For not only were they frequently down, the game was almost unplayable even when it was online. At least you can play this one.