Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unos View Post
Maybe you should find out if English is his native language before you take the ****. he has a point though.
That's the truth. The guy is probably bilingual. Some uppity US citizens assume others are illiterate because they do not speak English perfectly. In fact, most US citizens only speak one language.....English. A European with some English skills is likely better educated and more conversant than we are. Something to consider before knocking someone who doesn't speak our lingo as well as we since WE don't speak their lingo AT ALL.
Lt. Commander
# 22
The only reason I read this thread was to see how much whining someone could pack into 'In" as opposed to 'Un". Answer: not much.
Lt. Commander
# 23
Resistance is futile, looks like borg assimilatng servers
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaifeKennebec View Post
Oh grow up. First, you haven't paid a thing to play. The game isn't even publicly available yet. When you actually own the game, and have paid your physical subscription... then you've paid to play. However, even then you don't have a right to demand a thing.
if you dont know what your takling about just stfu ... i already paid for my lifetime subscription .. my credit card already has been charged .....
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
this post is "unconceivable" =)
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGriffon
The game has not officially launched yet. You've been given a chance to play the game early as a bonus.

You are in a position to demand nothing.
So we can start demanding after launch? Ok, I'll remember that.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireishi

**** didn't really have any issues on launch. Well, queues at peak, but at least there wasn't any lag or stability issues and the quests all worked. That's the last MMO I played at Launch, and well, its launch was smooth and perfect compared to this, even with queues.

Well this isn't launch.

Perhaps (we can hope) that these outages are so we don't have them at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Oh grow up. First, you haven't paid a thing to play. The game isn't even publicly available yet. When you actually own the game, and have paid your physical subscription... then you've paid to play. However, even then you don't have a right to demand a thing.
Yes if you are in headstart then you had to of paid something. Even if it were $5 for preorder you paid something. And when you are paying for something, yes you do have the right to demand, it's your money, and they are providing a service. The only person who would say something like that doesn't have a job and gets money from mommy and daddy!!!
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireishi
Siouxsie, you're a terrible player. I saw you fly into that mob of Klingons and die horrible on that one mission. Soooo Baaaaaddddd. Maybe you should try staying with your team in open instances instead of soloing them.

**** didn't really have any issues on launch. Well, queues at peak, but at least there wasn't any lag or stability issues and the quests all worked. That's the last MMO I played at Launch, and well, its launch was smooth and perfect compared to this, even with queues.
YOU FAIL!!!!

I had two CE's for ****, one for me and one for my then fiance and when we went to play at launch the lag was so horrible we couldn't even cross the road without rubberbanding for 10 minutes. **** biffed the launch up SO BAD that we put our CE's on the shelf. Now the only thing they're "collecting" is dust. Gold seller spam was so bad that the chat window should have had an epilepsy warning. You couldn't even READ it, it was that bad. Tech support was completely lost and had no idea why problems were happening.

At least STO has been aggressively patching and fixing problems.

You whining babies amuse me.. Please continue. You cry and whine because the game isn't just perfect and then you cry some more because they bring the server down to FIX it.

Do you scream for milk and cookies from mommy and then cry because the milk is too cold too?

Pansies.
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
This.

I understand if people have limited time that they are annoyed when they can't actually play. However, to go around raging and demanding is not just silly, it doesn't solve a thing and all you do is make yourself look like an arse.

Also, I'm pretty sure you accepted an agreement before playing the game that says somewhere that downtime is part of it. It's part of the development process, and believe it or not, an MMO continues to be tweaked and developed after launch. The server is going to be offline plenty of times in the future.

If that is something you can't handle, I strongly advice you to take a good look at yourself and ask why on Earth you're going berserk over a game.

And on another note: there isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that the technicians and devs are doing their best to keep everything rolling. A little more appreciation wouldn't hurt anyone.

EDIT: to some people that claim otherwise: I have not paid a penny yet and I was in open beta and the headstart. If you paid for your headstart, complain to the company you pre-ordered from because Cryptic sure as hell doesn't get any of that money. It's an insurance from companies that you will not cancel on them.